Does Hotmail natively push?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Ok so I know iOS 5 added native Hotmail support but I did not know that also included push. Is this correct?

After wondering why Gmail was not pushing (and only noticing it yesterday) I found neither were configured as Exchange accounts in iOS 5 even though they were with iOS 4. Hotmail has been pushing the whole time which is why I didn't notice Gmail not pushing.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I know iOS 5 added native Hotmail support but I did not know that also included push. Is this correct?

After wondering why Gmail was not pushing (and only noticing it yesterday) I found neither were configured as Exchange accounts in iOS 5 even though they were with iOS 4. Hotmail has been pushing the whole time which is why I didn't notice Gmail not pushing.

Yes I believe hotmail pushes.. I don't have a hotmail account so I can't confirm myself but others have said it. I set up gmail as exchange so thats how I get it to push.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Sure does! I have an @live.com mail account and it pushes just fine :)

I noticed that gmail wasn't pushing when set up via the gmail wizard so I wound up deleting my account and setting it up as an exchange account for the push and contact sync capabilities.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Sure does! I have an @live.com mail account and it pushes just fine :)

I noticed that gmail wasn't pushing when set up via the gmail wizard so I wound up deleting my account and setting it up as an exchange account for the push and contact sync capabilities.

I also noticed that if I delete the Hotmail/LIVE email account and add it back as Exchange it appears to switch to not Exchange and go native pushing. The icon also changes from the Exchange icon in the list to the Hotmail icon. Gmail remains as Exchange when I configure via Google Sync.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW