Do I need to "Un-jailbreak" Verizon iPhone 4 before upgrading to iOS5?

OldTex

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Will it cause problems if I upgrade to iOS5 with a jailbroken Verizon iPhone 4? I have iOS 4.2.8 jailbroken with redsn0w. I can restore to before jailbreak. Thanks in advance.

Bugeyeblue

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
From what I understand, you can do it with no problems. But some people say you should remove it first, by backing up, restoring to your backup (which removes jailbreak), then upgrading to the official os.

Reactions: OldTex

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
From what I understand, you can do it with no problems. But some people say you should remove it first, by backing up, restoring to your backup (which removes jailbreak), then upgrading to the official os.

Restoring from a backup ( of a jailbroken iPhone ) is NO different than upgrading to an new version of iOS and then restoring from backup.

xLAKESHOWx

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
check this thread out i made a couple days ago it goes more in depth as to what you should do. i followed this and lost my jailbreak but it went very smooth

<a href=:http://forums.tipb.com/ios-5-forum/220897-do-i-need-unistall-my-jailbreak-ios5.html">link</a>

Last edited:

OldTex

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Thank everyone for the information. Is there a jailbreak for iOS5? If so, can I just apply that jailbreak and re-download my apps from Cydia?

LooNTooNs

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I some how lost all my pictures. I did a back up twice, then it said it couldnt restore from the back up. Just to be safe I would copy off the pictures.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2