Hi everyone,

I have the mail app set to Fetch once per hour, but it seemed to be ignoring this option even with the Mail app killed. Is this normal because I had mail in the Notification Center? Now that I've taken it out of the Notification Center it seems to be working like I thought it would, just checking 1x per hour?

Thanks
    10-19-2011 02:07 PM
    Hi everyone,

I have the mail app set to Fetch once per hour, but it seemed to be ignoring this option even with the Mail app killed. Is this normal because I had mail in the Notification Center? Now that I've taken it out of the Notification Center it seems to be working like I thought it would, just checking 1x per hour?

Thanks
    I thought I read recently that push must be enabled for emails to show up in notification center, perhaps someone else can back this up.
    10-19-2011 05:29 PM
    Hi everyone,

Thanks
    You don't really kill an app, it's background functions will still work.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    10-19-2011 05:52 PM
    I have 3 email accounts on my device.
    - personal ( push )
    - work ( fetch hourly )
    - old personal, mainly spam now ( manual fetch )

The first 2 accounts both show up on the lock screen and in notification center.
    10-19-2011 06:52 PM
    You don't really kill an app, it's background functions will still work.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    Understood. I still don't quite understand why if I have a mail account set to Fetch 1x per hour, but had it in Notification Center it acted like Push. Either way, I just took it out b/c I don't need the emails in there, banners when I unlock are plenty and it's not eating my battery now.

Thanks for responding everyone, I appreciate it!
    10-20-2011 08:10 AM
    Hi everyone,

Thanks
    You should enable push!
    10-20-2011 08:32 AM
    You should enable push!
    Actually, I didn't want it to push. It was eating my battery, that's why I set it to Fetch. Notification Center seemed to be ignoring that, so I just yanked my email out of there and all is well for what I want now.
    10-20-2011 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD