Wireless sync or wired sync?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
i haven't used the wireless sync yet i always us the cord just because i feel like its safer and easy but i was wondering how many of you use the wireless sync option and what you think of it? thanks

paul-c

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I've started using the wireless sync. It's still in it's early rollout so it's kinda glitchy. I had it all set up and I was looking through iTunes a few minutes ago, and then the computer just lost track of the iPhone and disconnected. Now I'll reset everything and start again, which isn't that big of a deal. I like the idea of not dealing with cords as much. I'm sure the updates will make it more stable.

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
seems to lose my device at times, and i have to restart itunes in order for it to find it again. but i still prefer it, and im not that upset over it, still needs to be perfected. just glad that they have the feature

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
WiFi sync works great for me. i really had my doubts during the beta process. although, i do sync all of my music with Spotify

toomanyphones

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
I use it with the IPad 2 and my wife's iphone4 with no issues. I use the cord with mine because it is faster when I have a lot of podcast.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
so does itunes have to be open while you wirelessly sync it? does most of you just sync it while your right next to your computer or do it while your in the other room?

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I love it. I haven't had any issues. It's nice not needing to have a cord around...or the iPhone and MacBook in the same area

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I've been using it since the beta it was introduced in. It's fantastic. So nice to walk around my house with my phone in my pocket after I hit that sync button. Then magic happens :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
so does itunes have to be open while you wirelessly sync it? does most of you just sync it while your right next to your computer or do it while your in the other room?

iTunes must be open. It is the exact same as if you were to have it plugged in. Except it's wifi a opposed to being plugged in. It syncs the exact same way though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

epb

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

iTunes has to be open, but if you go to Edit/Preferences/Devices in iTunes and uncheck the box marked "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from launching iTunes and synching automatically" it will sync without you doing anything - it will open iTunes and sync all on its own.

And you will check the box again before an hour is up, because it will try to synch every 5 minutes. :)

Currently, when I get home, I put the iPad in its cradle in the bedroom and forget it. When I'm on my pc in the living room, I open iTunes and tell it to sync or transfer purchases or whatever and go back to what I was doing. Before I shut down, I close iTunes. No need to go near the iPad for any of it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR