edited photos aren't really saved

rogeriotitan

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Everytime a connect my iphone using a USB cable to transfer photos, the edited photos using iOS 5 aren't edited. They are as original, without any modification. In the camera roll, on the iphone 4, the photos are edited and I can send then by e-mail or twitter, but I can?t transfer then to directly to my computer (even using apps like WifiSync) as in the iphone's internal storage I can only find the original photos. Is this happening only with me or is this just how things are with iOS 5?

umchaos

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem.
I am using iOS5 on a new 4S
I can edit pictures using the built-in Photos app
The edits "appear" to save
As stated in the initial post, I can email, mms, etc the edited pictures
I cannot download the "edited" pictures to my Windows PC
Only the original, unedited version is available for transfer/download.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
i cant get an photos to sync without grabbing tons of photos from my pc and having them syncing back in... why cant itunes just let you drag/drop photos in and out!???

Well.. go download the program called iFunBox (PC only? not sure) it lets you open the file system up.. and you can at least drag the photos out of your phone to keep them. You cant add photos etc without JB'ing.. but it at least lets you copy out. (and the edits i have are there)

Reactions: GigaS27

French

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Call me crazy, but I'm actually GLAD it works like that. With the iOS 5 build in editing tools not having any "save as" feature, I hated the thought that I might crop or otherwise change my photo and not be able to preserve the original.

I do believe they should add a save as feature and then allow people to decide if they want to overwrite the original or save an edited copy.