I'm sure there is an easy fix/setting for this but I can't find it.............when I am on a phone call and get a alert of some kind, I can hear it as it interrupts the conversation. How do I turn that off?
    10-16-2011 03:47 PM
    I don't think you can...but it is only audible to you, as far as i know, as this has been the same on all iPhones, the sound is not heard by the other party...
    10-16-2011 03:48 PM
    Could you just put the phone on mute?
    10-16-2011 04:22 PM
    I don't think you can...but it is only audible to you, as far as i know, as this has been the same on all iPhones, the sound is not heard by the other party...
    It can be heard thru the speaker... and yes, there should be at least a setting to turn off audible alerts while on the phone
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    10-16-2011 05:00 PM
    yeah this pisses me off everytime this happens it'd be nice if I could say alert me but dont play a sound at least like I could on my BB (about the only plus of a BB) haha
    avmsam and jlp916 like this.
    10-16-2011 05:14 PM
    I just want the thing to stop vibrating in my ear without turning off the vibrate. I like the sounds.
    10-16-2011 08:16 PM
    I just want the thing to stop vibrating in my ear without turning off the vibrate. I like the sounds.
    You can turn the vibrate off. In Settings and Sounds you can disable the vibrate function. You should still hear sounds...
    10-16-2011 09:38 PM
    You can turn the vibrate off. In Settings and Sounds you can disable the vibrate function. You should still hear sounds...
    i don't want to turn the vibrate off. I want sound and vibrate when not on a call. The phone knows when i am on a call. It also knows when the phone is up against my ear on a call....it shouldn't vibrate.

iOS didn't use to do this.
    10-16-2011 09:49 PM
    yeahhh dis ****t happens on all ios, 5 even.... its irritating me gettin vibrated on a fone call...... nd guuyss can i applly vibration settings onlyy for a call nd not for an sms????????
    01-09-2012 01:39 AM
    I have the same complaint. I'm also coming from a BB. The BB is super configurable. I thought that the iPhone would at least be able to do this one task. So simple.

I like how someone put it, that the phone knows when it's on a call and it's next to my face, and so it should know not to play notification sounds directly into my ear!

Let's go apple. Make the fix!
    01-10-2012 04:06 PM
    I don't remember my i4 blowing up loud alerts in my ear... It was more subtle.... I think this is an iOS 5 glitch
    01-10-2012 04:35 PM
    My iPhone 4 before ios5 screamed alerts into my ear. I imagine it depends on how high your ringer volume is set. I can't fathom why anybody thought someone would want to here a screaming alert in their ear while on the phone.
    01-11-2012 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD