music syncing glitch

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Since the upgrade I'm experiencing some strange syncing behavior. I attached a screenshot to illustrated the issue.

So basically I have 7 duplicate items that keep showing up. They're grayed out indicating that they did not sync. But if you notice, they're duplicates of songs that did sync. I've managed to delete them several times by checking off the "manual" option in iTunes, but every time I sync they come back. I also get the "7 items did not sync. Please check iTunes" message. But I don't always get it. Like I said, strange.

If anyone can shed some light that would be awesome. Perhaps I have some incorrect setting somewhere.

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
So one thing I tried doing was to erase all the music from my iPhone, and then sync again. I was hoping this would clear everything out, but unfortunately those unsynced songs game back again. Which has me wondering if this is an iCloud related issue.

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Ok here's more weirdness...

So I'm pretty anal when it comes to organizing my songs by genre. When I purchase a song on iTunes, I'm often changing the genre name. Prior to iOS 5, when I changed a genre name and performed a sync, the change would be reflected on my iPhone.

I just bought a song, changed the genre name and performed a sync. No change on my phone. I noticed this before on a song earlier today as well, just didn't really focus on it. So what gives :confused:

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen to me too (way before OS 5). Basically, iTunes won't sync a duplicate - that's been established. The issue sounds like you have the song in your library 8 different ways (so it sync's once, and tosses the other seven). In iTunes there's a menu option that says "show duplicates" -- that should narrow down the issue and fix it.

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I had this happen to me too (way before OS 5). Basically, iTunes won't sync a duplicate - that's been established. The issue sounds like you have the song in your library 8 different ways (so it sync's once, and tosses the other seven). In iTunes there's a menu option that says "show duplicates" -- that should narrow down the issue and fix it.

I thought that's what it was initially also, but none of the songs show up. In fact a did a search throughtout my entire system and there's only one copy of each song.

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Yeah dude, it's driving me nuts. I'm just a little confused as to how music and the iCloud work right now. If I make a change to my library and sync nothing happens. It's like everything goes through iCloud now...but how do you make changes? What if you want to rename a song? Not a smooth transition so far :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner