It's just individual tweets you don't get. This isn't a limitation of the OS, it's a limitation of the application for it not to be able to send you notifications of every single tweet.

As far as platform is concerned, Apple's SDK doesn't allow applications to actively load data in the background.

Honestly, if you want every tweet, just check Twitter fairly regularly. With good Twitter apps (i.e. Tweetbot, Twitter for iPhone), there is gap detection for you to get all those tweets
    Cool, I will give those a try!
    10-18-2011 07:21 AM
    Can anyone list good free twitter apps which will push notiications for individual tweets we recieve, because official twitter app is also not notifying about messags, mentions, or if someone started followin you not a single alert!!
    10-18-2011 09:11 AM
    Can anyone list good free twitter apps which will push notiications for individual tweets we recieve, because official twitter app is also not notifying about messags, mentions, or if someone started followin you not a single alert!!
    The twitter app is not supposed to alert you when someone starts following you. As for not getting notifications for new messages and mentions, it should be doing that so you must have something set up wrong. The twitter app has always pushed notifications for those 2 things unless you have it disabled somehow. Try uninstalling and reinstalling.
    10-22-2011 05:08 PM
    I am facing same problem. I have changed lot's of twitter client but push notifications not working in my i Phone 4,
    I have checked my all notifications settings they all are enable. my because I used Anrioed it's
    Notification system is very fast and simple.
    Please suggest me any app who shows all notifications of Twitter.
    05-12-2013 11:21 PM
    I am facing same problem. I have changed lot's of twitter client but push notifications not working in my i Phone 4,
    I have checked my all notifications settings they all are enable. my because I used Anrioed it's
    Notification system is very fast and simple.
    Please suggest me any app who shows all notifications of Twitter.
    Do you have Mobile Notification enabled for each person you follow? If not, you may have to go to the full Twitter site to do this.
    Good Luck
    05-13-2013 10:08 PM
    Try tweetbot. gave me alerts for everything.
    05-22-2013 06:29 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD