Okay, I have a question about lock screen notifications. Let's say this is my situation:

I have an SMS notification and an email notification on my lockscreen.
    I swipe the email to open my mail app and read it.
    When I go back to the lockscreen, the SMS notification is gone.

I believe this is by design, but I wonder if there is a setting to keep notifications on the lockscreen until you deal with them in some manner? It seems wrong to me that acting on one notification should clear them all, even if they are still in the pull-down notifications.
    10-15-2011 11:44 AM
    It clears in the lock screen but it is still in the notification center swipe down and you can see it.
    10-15-2011 11:46 AM
    If you unlock it clears the lock screen. That's by design as the lock screen shows you alerts you missed WHILE your phone was locked. If you unlock, you then need to pull down notification center to look at the rest of the alerts.
    10-15-2011 11:55 AM
    It clears in the lock screen but it is still in the notification center swipe down and you can see it.
    I know...that's what I just explained in my post. My question is "Is there a way to prevent the lock screen from clearing notifications you haven't dealt with?"

(Because you can't access the drop down panel at the lock screen.)
    10-15-2011 11:56 AM
    I know...that's what I just explained in my post. My question is "Is there a way to prevent the lock screen from clearing notifications you haven't dealt with?"

(Because you can't access the drop down panel at the lock screen.)
    theres not a way..
    10-15-2011 11:57 AM
    If you unlock it clears the lock screen. That's by design as the lock screen shows you alerts you missed WHILE your phone was locked. If you unlock, you then need to pull down notification center to look at the rest of the alerts.
    Right. I wish Apple had made the pull-down panel available on the lock screen; I'm so used to using InfoShade in Lockinfo that I can't get used to having to unlock my phone to see notifications...
    10-15-2011 11:59 AM
    05-27-2016 11:50 AM
    I've got the same issue with messenger app though... When someone's sends me a message in messenger (Facebook app) it disappears like in no time.. It doesn't happen always and I can't find the reason... It only occurs in messenger app
    05-27-2016 11:53 AM
    theres not a way..
    Use the power button to view the lockscreen, rather than the home button. I have plenty of time to view mine that way and slide the notifications to the left to mark as read or whatever.
    05-27-2016 02:34 PM
    Right. I wish Apple had made the pull-down panel available on the lock screen; I'm so used to using InfoShade in Lockinfo that I can't get used to having to unlock my phone to see notifications...
    I can pull my notification center screen down while on the lock screen.

As you can see, I have it pulled halfway down to demonstrate.

05-27-2016 02:36 PM
    I can pull my notification center screen down while on the lock screen.

As you can see, I have it pulled halfway down to demonstrate.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...4b10639d54.jpg
    I appreciate the reply, but the post you're replying to is from 2011. Back then Apple didn't allow Notification Center on the lock screen like they do now.
    06-01-2016 09:40 AM
    Holy post bump!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-01-2016 09:48 AM
    I appreciate the reply, but the post you're replying to is from 2011. Back then Apple didn't allow Notification Center on the lock screen like they do now.
    I have failed!

Just_Me_D and TurboTiger like this.
    06-01-2016 11:04 AM
    hahaha, apology accepted. RIP.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-08-2016 12:14 AM
    Not only that the words are all distorted. You should look into getting that fixed as well.
    06-08-2016 10:38 PM
    I get a notification, put my finger on the home button, and the notification disappears. I search everywhere for that notification, but nothing makes sense. What I need to do is remember to touch the home button with a different finger, that doesn't open my phone.
    03-09-2017 09:29 AM
    I get a notification, put my finger on the home button, and the notification disappears. I search everywhere for that notification, but nothing makes sense. What I need to do is remember to touch the home button with a different finger, that doesn't open my phone.
    Pull down from the status bar on top. This will show you all notifications you have received in the last few days.
    The most recent notification will be on top. From there you can interact with it as you please.
    03-09-2017 08:24 PM
    I tried that and it says "No Notifications".
    03-10-2017 07:24 AM
    I tried that and it says "No Notifications".
    If you already viewed them or tapped the banner notification, it won't show on the notification center.
    Be sure you have notifications set in settlngs for notification center.
    03-10-2017 07:44 AM
    Don't press the home button. Press on the banner notification. Or tap it.
    03-10-2017 07:46 AM
    Sometimes the screen goes dark. I just need to remember to use a non-fingerprinted finger to refresh the screen (or lift the phone vertical). But I forget, and when I forget I search for the message in notifications and messages without finding it.
    03-11-2017 07:21 AM
    Sometimes the screen goes dark. I just need to remember to use a non-fingerprinted finger to refresh the screen (or lift the phone vertical). But I forget, and when I forget I search for the message in notifications and messages without finding it.
    Or press the power button on the side of the phone, rather than use a non fingerprint finger. You could also increase your auto-lock time in settlngs. That would keep the screen on longer.
    03-11-2017 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD