Very buggy iOS 5 findings!!

Cashflo21

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I had posted my issues in the iOS 5 findings & issues thread but never got any responses.. 1st my App Store, iTunes, and Newsstand kept crashing on my iPhone.. They were basically unusable!! Also the Twitter integration was non operative!! I ended restoring my iPhone to factory settings and restored it from a backup file I had before the issues started. That didn't anything, everything kept crashing. However after that it got worse! None of my apps would sync onto my iPhone.. I tried checking them, arranging them thru app option on the iPhone tab in iTunes, even doing it manually but nothing!! I called Apple Technical Support and they told me I should uninstall and reinstall iTunes on my PC because they feel that might be the causing the issue! Well It Worked!!! Atleast to an extent... The App Store, iTunes, and Newsstand on iPhone is working now BUT the Twitter integration still isn't working and my apps still won't sync to my iPhone!! I'm lost!! I have no idea what to do!!. It's about 10 am eastern time and I have to wait till 10 am pacific time (1 pm eastern) before I can talk to someone from the Apple Technical Support team!! Someone please HELP!! :confused: :( :confused:

Cashflo21

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I just decided to reply to my own post just in case anyone is following this thread because they might be having the same issue.. After being on the phone with Apple Support yesterday for almost three hours and also having them remotely active on my PC so they can see my problem for themselves, they're completely stumped!! They have no idea!! :confused: :confused: I have to try and make it an Apple Store today to see if they can do anything and finally they will determine if I just need to be issued a new phone!! I'll keep any of you guys posted if any of you care!! Hahaha!!

BiG BaLLA 923

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
That is honestly so weird! I really was only having a couple crashes but I just opened the app back up and it worked perfectly. That is very weird!

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
I only have one issue and that's the responsiveness of the home button. It sometimes takes 3 presses or so to respond and exit.

It's infrequent but seems to be happening with increasing regularity...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
if you restore as new can you still get all your music photos contact messages ect? whats the difference between restoring are new or restoring as backup?

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I only have one issue and that's the responsiveness of the home button. It sometimes takes 3 presses or so to respond and exit.

This may be a hardware issue. I had this happen with my iP4. Started very occasionally but eventually became more than annoying. Took it in to the Apple Store and had it swapped out. No issues since. (All this was before iOS5.)

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
This may be a hardware issue. I had this happen with my iP4. Started very occasionally but eventually became more than annoying. Took it in to the Apple Store and had it swapped out. No issues since. (All this was before iOS5.)

I feared that this may be the case. I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fokas914

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site

I have the same problem!! It really eats annoying after a while

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
if you restore as new can you still get all your music photos contact messages ect? whats the difference between restoring are new or restoring as backup?

Music yes since songs are not part of the iTunes backup they are sync'd back via iTunes, Photos no if they are in the camera role, yes if you sync via folders from your PC, contacts no unless you sync them via Google or something similar.

Restoring as new will be as though you just walked out of the store with a brand new phone in which case you would not expect any of your data to be on it. You will also lose any data in apps... settings, game progress, username/passwords, etc.

Crucial_Xtreme

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

Yeah definitely nothing to do with iOS5. My wife has the same issue with her i4 both before iOS5 and after. She was going to swap it out, but shes getting 4s so not much use.

akmolin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
wow that sucks keep us updated though on what you find out at the Apple Store.. Now to everyone who says they have issues/ bugs since updating to iOS 5 I haven't come across any issues and I know about 7 other people and they're phones all are working perfectly fine so it doesnt seem like a widespread issues where all are having the same known issues

Cashflo21

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Don't restore from a back up. There might be something in it that is making things crash

You know I thought of that!! Being something in my back up that I just keep loading up into my phone!! But now since I have my iTunes & App Store working I'm afraid to restore the phone again because that was the initial reasoning for me restoring the phone in the 1st place to get those to work!!

Also what am I gonna do about getting my contacts bac on my phone??

Cashflo21

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
ITS WORKING!!! At 100%!! I would like to Thank jeffrey101 and Alli you guys were right!! The problem had to be in my backups!! As I type this message right now my Apps are currently syncing on the my iPhone!! The Twitter integration is working, and my App Store and iTunes app aren't crashing!! (Fingers crossed).. I am finally relieved and happy to have to this up and running on iOS5 at 100%!! It only took me about 4 days!! But whatever!! Thanks Again! :D :D :D

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
ITS WORKING!!! At 100%!! I would like to Thank jeffrey101 and Alli you guys were right!! The problem had to be in my backups!! As I type this message right now my Apps are currently syncing on the my iPhone!! The Twitter integration is working, and my App Store and iTunes app aren't crashing!! (Fingers crossed).. I am finally relieved and happy to have to this up and running on iOS5 at 100%!! It only took me about 4 days!! But whatever!! Thanks Again! :D :D :D

Now to avoid the pain in the future, make sure you sync your contacts and calendars with either iCloud or Google. That way you don't have to worry about a thing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR