how to move pictures

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
so in iOS 5, we can now add and rearrange albums. how exactly do i move pictures from one folder to another on the phone though?

also, if i make changes on the phone, what happens when i sync. cuz in the past all changes to the folders were done on your computer and then itunes would sync that to the phone. now, would the changes on the phone or PC take preference during a sync ?

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
You can't move the photos into albums you created on the computer, not to my knowledge at least. I've only been able to move them from the camera roll to a newly created album. In order to do that, go into the camera roll. In the upper right hand corner there's the arrow button. Tap it, choose which pictures you want to move, go to the bottom and hit add to, create new album.

Also, if you delete a photo from the camera roll it will also delete it from that album. I'm not too sure how the syncing works. Maybe someone else could clarify?

Tiny Mille

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
technically you cant really 'move' the pictures, it kind of just shows the pic both in camera roll and in your new album. it kinda sucks because i wanted to clean out my camera roll and organize my pictures into different albums all on my phone, but you just add them to new albums, its one copy that shows up in more than one album, its not really moving.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I hate that. That defeats the purpose of creating your own albums. I may as well leave them in the camera roll..

salgud

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I like this feature

I don't find this "useless" at all. I like to show off my pics of my grandchildren (very unusual, I know), but have other pics in my Camera Roll that I took just Messing Around (one of my albums) that most others, other then one of my sons, wouldn't be interested in. And the grandkids pics are scattered thru my Camera Roll, so it's hard to show them all to someone without having to skip around the others. So they're in an album, and I can just show that album to my friends. And I can show the Messing Around album to my son, the professional photographer, who enjoys that sort of thing.

I think this is a great, very useful feature, though I admit, it would be even better if we had the option of placing them in the album and removing them from the Camera Roll, or not.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner