detailed info in contacts

swaval241

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Both me and my daughter got iPhone 4s today. Her contacts have all this new info about people. For example one of her friends nicknames, peoples significant others. She did not put this stuff in, it just appeared. Nothing has appeared on mine. Anyone know how this is happening?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
DId she take Facebook up on the offer to load info to her contact list from her Facebook friend's info??? Most likely it's that - or something similar. It's real easy to import/merge iPhone contacts with social media sites.

swaval241

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for reply. She doesn't remember doing that. I think its neat the way it shows extra info. Do you know how to activate that on Facebook?

B

bonesb

Contacts now have access to a bunch of new data field types, FB is included when you'd tap on "Add Field", and navigate to and tap on "Service", and you can see for yourself the new Services available (including LinkedIn). If you've got a relative or other person you want to include, tap on the available person that's tied to you (for me it's "Father") and you'll see more than a dozen of types of linked people, including "Partner", "Child", "Assistant". One of my contact's is the Assistant for one of my attorneys, and I defined her as his Assistant and iOS automatically linked the two contacts.

Tapping on IM type used to get me MobileMe and AIM. Tapping on "Other" yielded 5 Service Labels including "Home", "Work", and "Other", but tapping on "AIM" next to it yielded 10 different IM services including Gtalk, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, Google Talk - and Jabber! - Skype, FB, and a few others. Cool stuff.

asggold

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
All of the choices you have for "Relationships" have nothing to do with Facebook. The Relationships you will see are based on which Mail service your Contacts are synced to. For example: if you are syncing your contacts with iCloud, those contacts will show ALL the the relationships in the list. Gmail on shows a small portion of those.

Hope that helps! :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73