Alerts or Banner?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
My god, banners all the way. Alerts force you to deal with them on their schedule instead of your own.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Okay, break it down, which do you prefer, Alerts or Banner, and why?

Hit me ;)

Banners are really nice . . . I noticed that the under notifications, "Phone" is defaulted to Badges and Alerts . . . did you guys change this to banners or leave it as is?

Naviwilliams, Anyone ever say you look like KRS-1? :D

Last edited:

akmolin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Banners are really nice . . . I noticed that the under notifications, "Phone" is defaulted to Badges and Alerts . . . did you guys change this to banners or leave it as is?

Naviwilliams, Anyone ever say you look like KRS-1? :D

I left it as is being I didnt notice the choice wonder what happens if it is changed to banners? Wonder if it has to do with a missed call or VM?

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I left it as is being I didnt notice the choice wonder what happens if it is changed to banners? Wonder if it has to do with a missed call or VM?

I'm not sure either . . I changed it back and forth and didn't notice a difference . . hopefully someone will chime in with the answer

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
But don't you find the banners really small when they pop up ha. An older person would have trouble reading the font lol. Also when your phone is locked te banners dont show up right? It's only when your playing around on your phone when the banners show up on the top correct?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
There is an option to have banners show even when the screen is locked...

Ps: I don't look like KRS1, LOL - but I may be as big as he is...

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
But when you guys say "banners" what do u mean by that because when your phone is locked a text message pops up in your screen sort of like the old software did. Is that a banner? What's the banner exactly?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
But when you guys say "banners" what do u mean by that because when your phone is locked a text message pops up in your screen sort of like the old software did. Is that a banner? What's the banner exactly?

You have a choice of how you want your notifications to look:

NCTweetbot.png

Here is a banner:

ios_5_iphone_notification_center_rotator.png

If you don't do anything (like tap on it to launch an action), they disappear.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
So do banners only show up when your phone is unlocked? If u didn't touch anything and used the default settings apple has for downloading the ios5 software?

dixeechicken

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I can't figure out how to get my notification to show up on the lockscreen. I can swipe down the page when the phone is unlocked and the notification center shows up but nothing on the lockscreen. Am I missing something?

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I can't figure out how to get my notification to show up on the lockscreen. I can swipe down the page when the phone is unlocked and the notification center shows up but nothing on the lockscreen. Am I missing something?

Did you enable it in settings?

Mistress of Mischief