Called me weird but I got rid of alerts, banners AND lock screen notifications. I just unlock and pull down the center to check on things. Instead of my phone coming on every time I get something. Saves some battery I would think. When I am reading something, it helps me stay focused till I'm done rather than responding to a message when I'm thinking about something else. Just me though.
    10-15-2011 06:06 AM
    Banners all the way they are very nice while not interfering you whatever you are doing, but can anyone confirm that are you guys getting these notifications for facebook & twitter apps also, I am not getting!!
    10-15-2011 06:20 AM
    Banners are nice.

But, isn't it weird how emails and Twitter message show massive, in the middle of the screen when the first message comes in on a locked iPhone screen?

I know I can press the lock button twice, and they start to stack, but...
    10-15-2011 06:57 AM
    I prefer the banners as well. I find the alerts less annoying with a banner style notification.
    10-15-2011 07:35 AM
    I also prefer the banners..it's less obtrusive than the original alerts
    10-15-2011 10:49 AM
    so tell me something. what do you call the style when your phone is locked and the message pops up on the screen right in the middle? is that still banners or alerts? i know when my phone is unlocked they pop up on the top which is banners right? but when my phone is locked they pop up right in the middle of the screen still what is that style?
    10-15-2011 11:21 AM
    My god, banners all the way. Alerts force you to deal with them on their schedule instead of your own.
    Agreed, for sure. Although I still have alerts set for things that I want to have my attention. i.e. calendar alerts/reminders
    10-15-2011 11:49 AM
    so tell me something. what do you call the style when your phone is locked and the message pops up on the screen right in the middle? is that still banners or alerts? i know when my phone is unlocked they pop up on the top which is banners right? but when my phone is locked they pop up right in the middle of the screen still what is that style?
    That's kinda neither. Lock screen notifications are special because every one of those will display in the manner you described, although I think they are most closely related with alerts. That said, you still don't have to deal with them right away like normal alerts...you can just hit the sleep/wake button or let them time out, and they'll still be waiting for you in the lock screen and Notification Center.
    10-15-2011 11:51 AM
    so u can have the banners pop up on the top of the screen even when your phone is locked? just like they show up on the top when it is unlocked?
    10-15-2011 11:59 AM
    anybody know about this to my question above?
    10-15-2011 07:10 PM
    No whens it locked it didnt show you on the top it will be shown in the lock screen and you will see a stack of notifications if you will have more notifications from various apps!
    10-15-2011 07:31 PM
    so then what were people talking about when they said they have banners on their lock screen? everytime a message comes in on the lock screen it pops up ion the middle of the screen there is nothing on top like the banners show up when its unlocked
    10-15-2011 07:42 PM
    Its like a banner in the middle of the screen when the phone is lock and when its unlock and you are doing something it will appear as a banner at the top of the screen if you have set the settings to banner in notification center settings!
    10-15-2011 07:56 PM
    really loving the banner notifications, there are so much more convenient and dont ever interrupt me
    10-15-2011 08:03 PM
    Banners all the way. Love the affect of it.
    10-15-2011 08:04 PM
    so if your phone is in lock mode does it pop up at the top or in the middle?
    10-15-2011 08:23 PM
    Banners. No question. When watching a video it doesn't pause on me now.

For those of you who say you don't like banners on top: if you swipe it to the left it goes away instead of waiting for its designated time to go away.
    10-15-2011 08:46 PM
    How do I setup banners on the lockscreen instead of an alert?
    10-15-2011 08:53 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD