Anybody's phones acting a little different/glitchy after ios5 update?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
so before the ios5 update verizon and at&t were on different software. at&t was a little ahead of verizon i think. my question is this. with both services verizon and at&t both getting the new ios5 software is the new software exactly the same on both phone services? is one still ahead of the other or no?

swsmpbaby985

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Occasionally some of my taps won't register on the iPhone right away...the App Store was/is a little slow to load sometimes. And when switching between private browser and regular Safari...Safari loads the Bookmarks "setting" then crashes...EVERYTIME..but after the first crash..it'll be fine, until I switch again.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
do u think in the next update apple will address all these issue people are having? do u think it is just from a new software that has to work the glitches/kinks out?

akmolin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
do u think in the next update apple will address all these issue people are having? do u think it is just from a new software that has to work the glitches/kinks out?

Yes I think they will address the issues and I have faith in them that they are aware. Also I saw in an earlier post in this thread you talked about it taking at screen shot when going from the lock to home screen there is a thread actually in here somewhere where someone else is experiencing this. I'll try and find and post in here for you.

swsmpbaby985

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
My home button isn't quite working properly since the update.

Often I single click and nothing happens. A second click exits the app. It's not every time but it's fairly often.

Sometimes I double click and it goes to spotlight search rather than multitasking bar. Again not every time just fairly often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had that happen occasionally as well...however I noticed it occurred on the last 4.X.X update with the spotlight search rather than the multitasking bar.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
i have no clue what happened why it took a screen shot. anybody have any ideas i was just like woah! i definitely didn't hold down the home and sleep button at the same time

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
The only gripe I have is that the "Other" in my phone has suddenly jumped to 0.50 GB. It was much lower when I was on 4.3.5. I even restored the phone as new and it has grown. I didn't do anything differently. :confused:

KarrieLyne

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
The main thing I have noticed since the update is issue with Mail. Its crashed on me numerous times. I've went and deleted a bunch of emails and then turned my phone off. When I turned it back on, all of the ones I deleted were there. Not sure what's going on with this but it didn't happen before the iOS5 update.

xxDruMMer BoYxx

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Havent seen anybody post these issues up but, currently me and my girlfriend are experiencing these same issues as far as iOS 5 on the iPhone 4 below...

When in the lock screen and listening to music, if you skip to next song, the screen will shuffle once between lock screen picture, to Album art. If we skip again to next song, it may do it again, it may not, but it will do it more than once.

Also, when taking a new picture, when you go to view it, for a split second, you see the image render from pixels to clear image...fyi, i tested this out at the apple store with the iphone 4s thinking it was maybe the iOS5 on my iPhone 4, and the iPhone 4S does it too, only it is much faster so you barely, and i mean, BARELY notice it. Probably because it has the A5 and it renders images faster. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this as i haven't seen any posts related to what me and my girlfriends iPhone 4' are experiencing.

Last edited:

alphasportstv

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Other than some lag in typing, (most noticeable between the actual input and the audible click) I have no real probs to report I did a clean install using the IPSW on my iP4, and a Restore From Backup on my iPad 1, no probs either way. A bit less responsive than how everyone's describing their 4S's, but not enough to shell out full price for a replacement. My 4 is a factory unlocked one that cost me BIG $ less than a year ago so it's got some mileage left to log before an upgrade.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Only thing is the app store loads slowly for me. I do not have a camera icon on the lock screen but can take pics with the volume button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to double click the home button when on the lockscreen to get the camera icon to appear.

sMhsn

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Yup, my battery is like non-existent. Drains like a mofo. I don't get any notocations from my Apps like ESPN, NHL, Twitter, etc...
Yeah same here no notifications at all it sucks like hell i am thinking of restoring it yet again!!

Last edited:

akmolin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
to those who arent getting notifications for apps make sure in notifications you have them turned on to notify you. My battery is basically the same and everything for me works fine as far as I know to my knowledge since updating to iOS 5

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen