Anybody's phones acting a little different/glitchy after ios5 update?

xxDruMMer BoYxx

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Theirs nothing the apple store can do about the software issues that you can't do at home yourself. Usually the "restore to new" option is given or they tell you in their diagnostics that it's one of your apps. Now if it's hardware issues, that's totally different. But as far as iOS 5, ya, no... That we have to wait out till Apple fix it themselves and send out a new update.

xxDruMMer BoYxx

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
so for example the non responsive home button issue everyone experiences will apple replace your phone?

That will vary as I've heard some people say they have success swapping it out for a new one but others say they are told they don't swap it out for that. My girlfriends iPhone 4 was just swapped last week for the button issue.

Depends how obvious it is I guess. Or what you say to them.

xxDruMMer BoYxx

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Havent seen anybody post these issues up but, currently me and my girlfriend are experiencing these same issues as far as iOS 5 on the iPhone 4 below...

When in the lock screen and listening to music, if you skip to next song, the screen will shuffle once between lock screen picture, to Album art. If we skip again to next song, it may do it again, it may not, but it will do it more than once.

Also, when taking a new picture, when you go to view it, for a split second, you see the image render from pixels to clear image...fyi, i tested this out at the apple store with the iphone 4s thinking it was maybe the iOS5 on my iPhone 4, and the iPhone 4S does it too, only it is much faster so you barely, and i mean, BARELY notice it. Probably because it has the A5 and it renders images faster. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this as i haven't seen any posts related to what me and my girlfriends iPhone 4' are experiencing.

Update with video i made of glitches below:
iOS 5 Bugs - YouTube

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Update with video i made of glitches below:
iOS 5 Bugs - YouTube

The lock screen bug with album art has been occurring since iOS 5 betas. I'm not sure whether it's from the Music app/Videos app split, or something else in the new Music app coding?even in the very last beta, beta 7, you couldn't delete a podcast/song without crashing the entire app.

As for the image thing, I don't think that's really a bug. The image just isn't entirely rendered right away. It'd be a waste of processor if you weren't looking at the images right away.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
so for example the non responsive home button issue everyone experiences will apple replace your phone?

They swapped mine out. I had already tried the "restore as new" step along with the numerous resets, and since I still experienced the issue, they swapped it out without a hassle. Probably one of the best warranty repair/replace experiences I've ever had.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
what did you say to them and what did they say back before swapping it out? im just afraid i cant duplicate the problem in the store ha

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
The volume level on my speakerphone has gotten weaker, even at the highest setting.

Reception seems a bit weaker at times as well. Could it be that iOS5 was designed in mind for the dual-antenna design of the new iPhone 4S?

rsaltiel

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Phone freezes when I enter passcode

My phone freezes for 3 or more seconds after I put the passcode in which delays me getting to my home screen.

Vaman49

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The main thing I have noticed since the update is issue with Mail. Its crashed on me numerous times. I've went and deleted a bunch of emails and then turned my phone off. When I turned it back on, all of the ones I deleted were there. Not sure what's going on with this but it didn't happen before the iOS5 update.

I'm having this same issue on my iPad. It's very frustrating.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
not sure why but today for some strange reason my battery drained really quick- seemed like my signal was ok- i was getting a lot of messages and emailed- my thought is that it may have been the blinking with notifications- I know the flashlight apps drain battery pretty bad so I turned that feature off- seems ok now- its kind of a dumb feature anyway since it only flashes once- and if your looking at your phone then you will know you have a message...

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
email wont push for me anymore. tried it on a verizon iphone 4, thats brand new as of yesterday, and it wouldnt push on that one either. both phones have ios 5, one att and one verizon, and wont push rather on 3G or wifi

INDROIDWETRUST

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed my battery has been draining a lot quicker than before the update. AppStore is slow at times and sometimes I get duplicate email messages. Overall, everything else seems fine.

vthokies

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
email wont push for me anymore. tried it on a verizon iphone 4, thats brand new as of yesterday, and it wouldnt push on that one either. both phones have ios 5, one att and one verizon, and wont push rather on 3G or wifi
Mine won't push to me either.

Edit: You have to change it in the settings. Settings > Mail > Fetch New Data > Uncheck manually and select another option

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine won't push to me either.

Edit: You have to change it in the settings. Settings > Mail > Fetch New Data > Uncheck manually and select another option

but then its fetching, not pushing....

going off it saying that if push is not available, the fetch schedule will be used..