@Infiniti7 just realized you started that thread haha
    10-15-2011 01:33 PM
    My home button isn't quite working properly since the update.

Often I single click and nothing happens. A second click exits the app. It's not every time but it's fairly often.

Sometimes I double click and it goes to spotlight search rather than multitasking bar. Again not every time just fairly often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had that happen occasionally as well...however I noticed it occurred on the last 4.X.X update with the spotlight search rather than the multitasking bar.
    10-15-2011 02:16 PM
    i have no clue what happened why it took a screen shot. anybody have any ideas i was just like woah! i definitely didn't hold down the home and sleep button at the same time
    10-15-2011 07:08 PM
    The only gripe I have is that the "Other" in my phone has suddenly jumped to 0.50 GB. It was much lower when I was on 4.3.5. I even restored the phone as new and it has grown. I didn't do anything differently.
    10-17-2011 09:53 AM
    The main thing I have noticed since the update is issue with Mail. Its crashed on me numerous times. I've went and deleted a bunch of emails and then turned my phone off. When I turned it back on, all of the ones I deleted were there. Not sure what's going on with this but it didn't happen before the iOS5 update.
    10-17-2011 11:05 AM
    Havent seen anybody post these issues up but, currently me and my girlfriend are experiencing these same issues as far as iOS 5 on the iPhone 4 below...

When in the lock screen and listening to music, if you skip to next song, the screen will shuffle once between lock screen picture, to Album art. If we skip again to next song, it may do it again, it may not, but it will do it more than once.

Also, when taking a new picture, when you go to view it, for a split second, you see the image render from pixels to clear image...fyi, i tested this out at the apple store with the iphone 4s thinking it was maybe the iOS5 on my iPhone 4, and the iPhone 4S does it too, only it is much faster so you barely, and i mean, BARELY notice it. Probably because it has the A5 and it renders images faster. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this as i haven't seen any posts related to what me and my girlfriends iPhone 4' are experiencing.
    Last edited by xxDruMMer BoYxx; 10-17-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    10-17-2011 11:16 AM
    Other than some lag in typing, (most noticeable between the actual input and the audible click) I have no real probs to report I did a clean install using the IPSW on my iP4, and a Restore From Backup on my iPad 1, no probs either way. A bit less responsive than how everyone's describing their 4S's, but not enough to shell out full price for a replacement. My 4 is a factory unlocked one that cost me BIG $ less than a year ago so it's got some mileage left to log before an upgrade.
    10-17-2011 12:03 PM
    Yup, my battery is like non-existent. Drains like a mofo. I don't get any notocations from my Apps like ESPN, NHL, Twitter, etc...
    10-17-2011 12:04 PM
    Only thing is the app store loads slowly for me. I do not have a camera icon on the lock screen but can take pics with the volume button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You have to double click the home button when on the lockscreen to get the camera icon to appear.
    10-17-2011 12:07 PM
    Yup, my battery is like non-existent. Drains like a mofo. I don't get any notocations from my Apps like ESPN, NHL, Twitter, etc...
    Yeah same here no notifications at all it sucks like hell i am thinking of restoring it yet again!!
    Last edited by smhsn; 10-17-2011 at 12:15 PM.
    10-17-2011 12:10 PM
    Yeah same here no notifications at all itsu ks like hell i am thinking of restoring it yet again!!
    It was like that before restoring, they just got lost somehow on saturday. really pissing me off!
    10-17-2011 12:15 PM
    to those who arent getting notifications for apps make sure in notifications you have them turned on to notify you. My battery is basically the same and everything for me works fine as far as I know to my knowledge since updating to iOS 5
    10-17-2011 12:17 PM
    Of course all the notifications are on but still its not working its so hell weird you have no idea!!
    10-17-2011 12:55 PM
    Definitely acting different: mail app won't open, a couple other apps open and close automatically
    10-17-2011 01:07 PM
    the odd thing is certain people have issues and then others dont this is what bothers me...
    10-17-2011 01:09 PM
    bring it to the apple store with your problems its the best bet they will help you no doubt
    10-17-2011 02:05 PM
    Theirs nothing the apple store can do about the software issues that you can't do at home yourself. Usually the "restore to new" option is given or they tell you in their diagnostics that it's one of your apps. Now if it's hardware issues, that's totally different. But as far as iOS 5, ya, no... That we have to wait out till Apple fix it themselves and send out a new update.
    10-17-2011 02:52 PM
    so for example the non responsive home button issue everyone experiences will apple replace your phone?
    10-17-2011 03:27 PM
    so for example the non responsive home button issue everyone experiences will apple replace your phone?
    That will vary as I've heard some people say they have success swapping it out for a new one but others say they are told they don't swap it out for that. My girlfriends iPhone 4 was just swapped last week for the button issue.

Depends how obvious it is I guess. Or what you say to them.
    10-17-2011 07:42 PM
    Havent seen anybody post these issues up but, currently me and my girlfriend are experiencing these same issues as far as iOS 5 on the iPhone 4 below...

When in the lock screen and listening to music, if you skip to next song, the screen will shuffle once between lock screen picture, to Album art. If we skip again to next song, it may do it again, it may not, but it will do it more than once.

Also, when taking a new picture, when you go to view it, for a split second, you see the image render from pixels to clear image...fyi, i tested this out at the apple store with the iphone 4s thinking it was maybe the iOS5 on my iPhone 4, and the iPhone 4S does it too, only it is much faster so you barely, and i mean, BARELY notice it. Probably because it has the A5 and it renders images faster. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this as i haven't seen any posts related to what me and my girlfriends iPhone 4' are experiencing.
    Update with video i made of glitches below:
    10-17-2011 08:49 PM
    Update with video i made of glitches below:
    The lock screen bug with album art has been occurring since iOS 5 betas. I'm not sure whether it's from the Music app/Videos app split, or something else in the new Music app codingeven in the very last beta, beta 7, you couldn't delete a podcast/song without crashing the entire app.

As for the image thing, I don't think that's really a bug. The image just isn't entirely rendered right away. It'd be a waste of processor if you weren't looking at the images right away.
    10-17-2011 09:29 PM
    They swapped mine out. I had already tried the "restore as new" step along with the numerous resets, and since I still experienced the issue, they swapped it out without a hassle. Probably one of the best warranty repair/replace experiences I've ever had.
    10-17-2011 09:52 PM
    what did you say to them and what did they say back before swapping it out? im just afraid i cant duplicate the problem in the store ha
    10-17-2011 11:10 PM
    The volume level on my speakerphone has gotten weaker, even at the highest setting.

Reception seems a bit weaker at times as well. Could it be that iOS5 was designed in mind for the dual-antenna design of the new iPhone 4S?
    10-18-2011 12:18 AM
    I really hope they release an update, I miss my notification!
    10-18-2011 10:21 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD