Home Button Not Responsive and taking random picture of screen?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
so i have noticed a little bit with the new ios5 software my iphone4 can do some random glitchy things sometimes. this morning i went to press the home button to get the screen back on and i had to press it a couple times and then all of a sudden it snaps a random picture of the screen and i didn't hold the top button and the home button at the same time. it just randomly went off. any ideas?

akmolin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
hhmm never heard of this before the fact that it is taking a picture of the screen has me wondering if the sleep/ wake button on top is also engaged.. Do you have a case on your iPhone by chance?

akmolin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking possibly your case has moved into a position where the sleep/ wake button on top is getting engaged and then when you hit the home button it engages the screen shot (if you didn't know to take a screen shot on the iPhone you hit the sleep/ wake button and the home button)

Maybe phone damaged or something like that. Hopefully someone on here other than me will come across this and have a better answer for you.

I'd also like to know myself in case I hear of this happening to someone else.

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I generally restart my phone any time I start seeing wierd issues like this. Can't know for usre if it will fix the problem. But these devices do so much... they have becomeso reliable that I forget to restart mine. But a good reboot always helps refresh it after a few days.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
I agree with AKM1986.

I'm assuming your case is pushing down on the sleep/wake button.
Causing your home button to act weird, and also taking screenshots.

Try taking your case off and see if the same behavior occurs.

akmolin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I charge my phone once it is full I turn it off for like 5 mins since I have heard this is good to do from time to time I know it isn't really related but just in terms of getting things to work right

Pocobear

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Try a reset. Close all apps then - Hold down the HOME, bottom button, and the SLEEP, top button, for about 10 seconds until the Apple icon appears, then release buttons. Allow it to reboot, it may take a few minutes, don't panic like I did, wait for it to reboot. Cures many weird problems on iOS devices.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
i have the incipio double case...so you dont think i have to be worried about any of this? could be a glitch or something that happens sometimes because it is like a computer

akmolin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
@Infiniti7 no I don't think it is anything to worry about may just be something but lets see when Apple releases an update which I'm sure will be soon if it still is happening

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner