Outgoing email problem

Sopralto

May 6, 2009
Visit site
After upgrading to iOS5, I can receive email but outgoing mail attempts get the message "A copy has been placed in your Outbox. The sender address xxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx was rejected by the server." My settings appear to be correct. Any suggestions?

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I have the same problem! Do you get the message "Connection to the outgoing server "p07-smtp.mail.me.com" failed"? That is what mine tells me. I can't figure it out and iy will not let me make any changes. Weied!

Can you you say MobileMe Launch all over again! :eek::p

Sopralto

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Haven't seen that message. I thought maybe it was something with upgrade a 3GS, but I haven't seen anything about anyone else having a problem. Someone, HELP!!

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue. I just deleted and and then setup the mail again and it works. Only thing I do notice is that I dont get the mail "pushed' to my phone anymore and that is not good

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Still doesn't work for me. I notice in iCloud settings that it shows my apple id as my email address and it won't let me change it to reflect my iCloud email address I made the other day. That's the issue.

drome50

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem as you people on my iphone4 after the update..I simply turned my phone off and back on and now the email sends and works properly. I hope it works for you all!

Drome

Altimate_One

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here. My gmail account sends but 2 POP accounts aren't. They are set up with the same settings as the iPad. The iPad is working fine.

**EDIT** After looking at all of my settings, I realized that it was my fault. Working great now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73