Help!! No Music!!

travisdthomas

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I put iOS 5 on my wife's iP4 last night and now she can't play her music. It shows up on the phone and says that it is playing, but no sound. Has anybody else ran across this? Any fix? Thanks ahead of time.

FrankRow

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I just discovered this on my 3GS as well. Same exact thing, songs are installed/loaded but they will not play. Also, I'm missing a lot of my album art. I have't seen any fixes yet or others with this same issue. Have you tried re-syncing? I'm going to tonight.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Aside from making sure the ringer switch isn't set to silence, I would try removing all songs from the device (uncheck 'Sync Music' in iTunes) then resyncing. Maybe something is stuck.

bkribbs

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a iPod Touch 3G btw. But I have synced all over, removed it all resynced, I've even started with a whole iTunes library from fresh and reimported it all. I don't know what to do.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Did you try restoring the iPod and setting it up as new? Are any of the songs purchased from an iTunes account you're not currently authorized under?

bkribbs

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes I did restore it and set it up as new, same thing. And no, I made sure its authorized. It did use to be all the purchased stuff, but I have since authorized it, and the majority sync'd but I have some that didn't.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I would look at those particular tracks then, see if an error message comes up, or that maybe the meta-data is messed up. Only other thing I can think of is to make sure that those songs are actually in your iTunes folder. If iTunes isn't set to automatically add tracks to library and you move them, they could be unable to sync.

bkribbs

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I would look at those particular tracks then, see if an error message comes up, or that maybe the meta-data is messed up. Only other thing I can think of is to make sure that those songs are actually in your iTunes folder. If iTunes isn't set to automatically add tracks to library and you move them, they could be unable to sync.

I mean, I can play them in my iTunes Library. How should I check the meta-data?

And they are there.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Right-click and get Info. It could be something in the description field that is making your phone grumpy.

Aside from that, I have no idea. :( Is the blue box next to the songs checked? Did you tell your phone to only sync checked songs and videos?

bkribbs

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
It comes up as Protected AAC audio file versus some that say Purchased AAC Audio file. But some protected ones have also synced.

Comparing two songs by the same artist, they have identical info. (Except for purchase date and size and stuff like that.)

So I don't know what to do.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
So, just to make sure I understand, are these two versions of the same song, or two different songs by the same artist?

Because if it's the former, try syncing the Purchased version instead, since it doesn't have DRM. If it's the later, it still may be an issue with the DRM that comes built into Protected MP3s.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2