Changes to Contacts and Calendar

jayes

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I thought I had read somewhere that there was going to be updates to both contacts and calendar in ios5. Contacts would allow more than one work number, more than 3 emails etc. (I use Google sync, not iCloud if that makes a difference) I also thought that they were adding a week view to the native Calendar app. Unless I am missing something, Calendar looks the same as it did in ios4. I used Week Calendar prior to the upgrade and I guess I will continue to do so. It's nice to be able to see a week at a time.
Was this something that was mentioned previously, but left out in the final version?

jayes

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Never would have figured that one out! :rolleyes: I thought it would be listed on the bottom of the vertical presentation between "day" and "month" I don't actually see a week's worth when I put the phone horizontal.. it's only 3 1/4 days and I have to swipe to see more. It does not even have the name of the month. Not impressed. I guess I will continue to use Week Calendar. The stock calendar app on my ipad is great. I'm surprised they did not try to duplicate some of these features for the phone.

What about contacts and being able to add as many phone numbers as applicable to each contact? Is there a work around?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
What's the refresh button for in contacts on the top left? I have turned off icloud and wireless sync on my iphone 4 and still have this button, I press it and the little data circle spins on the top bar to show data is being transfered but for what? what does this do?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2