1. MarcGoldie's Avatar
    I have a 3GS and should be getting my 4S tomorrow. Does it make any sense for me to try to update the 3GS tonight to iOS5 in advance of getting the 4S? I don't plan to keep the 3GS after I move everything over to the 4S, I hope to sell it. Will it make the process go faster tomorrow when I try to migrate my 3GS to the 4S or won't it matter? I don't wanna brick my 3GS the last day I have it either.

    Thoughts?
    10-13-2011 10:42 AM
  2. diamonddialogue's Avatar
    Yeah man, go ahead and update it. It couldn't hurt. Plus, I'm interested to know how the 3GS works with iOS 5.

    Are you selling it?
    10-13-2011 10:43 AM
  3. MarcGoldie's Avatar
    I plan to sell the 3GS once I know everything is removed from it and the 4S is running smooth.

    It's the 32GB from AT&T and in very good condition. Wonder what it's even worth?
    10-13-2011 10:45 AM
  4. diamonddialogue's Avatar
    I'm not sure.. I'm trying to find one for my girlfriend though. She got pretty bitter when I wouldn't just give her my iPhone 4. Problem is, I'm pretty much as broke as they come, but I would love to buy one next pay check for her. I'd put iOS 5 on it anyways, so you could try. What might you want for it?

    I would assume you wouldn't want to let it go between $100 and $150? I know those numbers are hard to hear.
    10-13-2011 10:48 AM
  5. MarcGoldie's Avatar
    I'm not sure.. I'm trying to find one for my girlfriend though. She got pretty bitter when I wouldn't just give her my iPhone 4. Problem is, I'm pretty much as broke as they come, but I would love to buy one next pay check for her. I'd put iOS 5 on it anyways, so you could try. What might you want for it?

    I would assume you wouldn't want to let it go between $100 and $150? I know those numbers are hard to hear.
    Well pre-launch I had looked and could get around $200 for it, but now I think $150 is more the going rate for the 32GB from what I've heard. It's black I should also point out and has VERY little wear and tear, I always kept it with a screen protector and a case.

    I would be interested in working something out with you. I wouldn't be able to ship until next week. I assume you are in the US? If you want to take this off-line, send me a private message with more details.
    10-13-2011 10:51 AM
  6. ame's Avatar
    I did it to save the next owner a step.
    10-13-2011 11:09 AM
  7. SeanHRCC's Avatar
    I would wait, because you may have someone that wants iOS 4 for unlocking purposes...probably best to try and sell it and then ask if the future buyer wants it updated (since you won't be using it any more, it really won't make a difference whether its updated or not).
    10-13-2011 11:17 AM
  8. diamonddialogue's Avatar
    Of course, if I buy it, I'd want iOS 5 on it. Though, Sean is right, if you're not going to use it, I guess it doesn't matter either way.
    10-13-2011 11:26 AM
  9. Dockery's Avatar
    I'm in the same boat, but IO5 seems to run pretty well on my 3GS.

    Hopefully tomorrow I'll have new.
    10-13-2011 11:33 AM
  10. mab4285's Avatar
    I'd update to 5 for the pure fact of doing an OTA backup to iCloud and then restoring to the 4S to make the switch simple.
    10-13-2011 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD