after the official update of iOS 5 "Notification Center" still not showing facebook, twitter alerts can anyone temme why is this so i have to open their apps in order to see the alerts, its not coming in the lock screen nor in the home screen one, any guesses!!!
    10-13-2011 10:29 AM
    That is strange... Every Facebook notification has popped up and been listed on notification center for me so far. In settings > notifications you have facebook set?
    10-13-2011 10:30 AM
    yeah thats very weird i have checked all the settings man all notifications are on but still its not coming
    10-13-2011 10:37 AM
    Well it's not coming on my notification center either..I have an iPad btw
    10-13-2011 10:41 AM
    after the official update of iOS 5 "Notification Center" still not showing facebook, twitter alerts can anyone temme why is this so i have to open their apps in order to see the alerts, its not coming in the lock screen nor in the home screen one, any guesses!!!
    Go to notification settings and turn on notification center for Facebook and Twitter.
    10-13-2011 10:43 AM
    in Settings - Notifications - Facebook (everything is on) still not working
    can you temme whats the difference between: Sort apps: Manually or By Time?? its manually on mine should i make it by time will it make any difference??
    Last edited by smhsn; 10-13-2011 at 11:19 AM.
    10-13-2011 11:07 AM
    @isrararrafi: so it makes us two ah i thought its only happening on my iPhone
    10-13-2011 11:20 AM
    I had problems with my Gmail account not pushing my emails through on my iPhone. If I went in manually to check the email it would show up. Everything in Notifications was set correctly. I ended up doing a hard reset, deleting my account, setting it up again, and voila it worked. All notifications are working fine now-so far. The funny thing was when I downloaded and set up IOS 5 for my iPad 2 it worked flawlessly. All notifications came through perfectly.
    10-13-2011 11:21 AM
    so what you suggest should I delete facebook and twitter app and install them again will it work?
    10-13-2011 11:37 AM
    Try force quitting twitter and facebook, but before doing that uncheck the facebook and twitter notifications. After force quit, recheck the notifications and then open the apps and see if that does the trick
    10-13-2011 11:42 AM
    @isrararrafi: so it makes us two ah i thought its only happening on my iPhone
    Well let's make it one of us now! Mine is working fine now. I would suggest quitting fb completely..go to settings and turn notification for fb off. Then quitting settings completely also and then go back and turn it on again..and the notifications should work from now on
    10-13-2011 09:07 PM
    nah man did everything it stuck now its freaking me out it was better before i dunno why the hell its not working!!!
    10-14-2011 05:12 AM
    I had problems with my Gmail account not pushing my emails through on my iPhone. If I went in manually to check the email it would show up. Everything in Notifications was set correctly. I ended up doing a hard reset, deleting my account, setting it up again, and voila it worked. All notifications are working fine now-so far. The funny thing was when I downloaded and set up IOS 5 for my iPad 2 it worked flawlessly. All notifications came through perfectly.
    Just out of curiosity...do you get two audible alerts for incoming emails pushed through gmail? I seem to get an audible alert...then the notification alert comes up with another beep...its like beep beep beep alot. Trying to eliminate the multiple beeps.
    10-14-2011 03:04 PM
    I posted this elsewhere so I just copy/pasted it here:

I was having issues with the twitter notifications and did this...now it works fine. If you have more than one app for twitter (maybe FB too: mine was fine FB wise), you might have to delete all and keep just one twitter app. I had Twitter for iPhone and Echofon and none were notifying me. Once I deleted Echofon, Twitter for iPhone began notifying me just like it should. Let me know if it works for everyone!

I just joined the forum to share this because I was kinda frustrated with this small issue.

10-14-2011 03:29 PM
    tried everything i restored my iPhone as "New" but still nothing working its high time now!!
    10-14-2011 04:15 PM
    tried everything i restored my iPhone as "New" but still nothing working its high time now!!
    10-14-2011 04:27 PM
    Try this in notification center under Each app your worried about.
    Notification center. Off
    Alert style. Alert
    Badge app. On
    Sound. On
    View in lock. On

Maybe that will help. I had to do that for Skype in order for my phone to ring for incoming Skype call.
    10-15-2011 12:53 PM
    They don't work for me either. Everything is turned on. Tried turning the phone off then on, tried deleting and reinstalling the Twitter app. Don't get it.
    10-15-2011 01:03 PM
    Try this in notification center under Each app your worried about.
    Notification center. Off
    Alert style. Alert
    Badge app. On
    Sound. On
    View in lock. On

Maybe that will help. I had to do that for Skype in order for my phone to ring for incoming Skype call.
    Why would you turn the notification center off? Doesn't it need to be on to get the notifications?
    10-15-2011 01:04 PM
    yeah exactly why we have to turn the notification off?
    but anyways for just once i received whatsapp notifications after it stuck again no messages again, it really sucks!!
    10-15-2011 03:08 PM
    You guys realize that if you open the Facebook app (or twitter or whatever), it clears the notifications out of the notification center, right ?

The notifications only stay there until you open the app associated with them - then, they are considered 'read' and are removed from NC.
    10-15-2011 06:48 PM
    Its not showing in notification center means its not showing that i have some message or what so ever notification comes up for some app until and unless i open facebook or twitter and refresh those apps to see new notifications!!
    If i have to open those apps and check again and again then whats the use of push notifications!!
    10-15-2011 07:03 PM
    I had the same problem! After i followed these steps everything was working fine! Go to settings, notifications, share widget- and make sure it is ON. Then go back to settings menu and scroll down to Facebook..sign in using your facebook email and password and allow it to integrate. Afterwards, go back to the home screen and slide down the Notification Center. It should say Tap to Post with the Facebook icon next to it. Hope this helps!!
    09-20-2012 02:28 PM
    Go into your contacts and switch on the required group. Then go into that App and re-synch contacts. Should fix it.

Had same problem earlier.
    05-11-2013 03:56 PM
    Thanks!!

I have been having this issue for over a year now and I got it to work by turning OFF "Show in Notification Center". Everything else is activated (badges, sounds, etc.), but once I turned OFF "show in notification center" I started receiving alerts again!! I'm soo happy
    02-06-2014 05:51 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD