Problems with music on iPhone after iOS 5 update

MrFlowtastic

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey has anyone had problems with their music either not loading or playing different songs under different artist names?

Did my update last night and started the music app and when I'm on shuffle all my music is messed up

Any help is appreciated!

--MrFlowtastic --

Currently Running: iPhone 3GS
Blackberry History: 8703, 8830, 8330, 9500, 9700, 9800

Offer Phone Unlocks For $25! All phones available! PM For Unlocks! Take Payments Through Paypal!

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I am having music problems too. After loading music onto my phone, when i try to change any of the property tags on a song, it shows that it does it in itunes, but doesnt actually make the changes to the songs on the phone itself.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey has anyone had problems with their music either not loading or playing different songs under different artist names?

Did my update last night and started the music app and when I'm on shuffle all my music is messed up

Any help is appreciated!

--MrFlowtastic --

Currently Running: iPhone 3GS
Blackberry History: 8703, 8830, 8330, 9500, 9700, 9800

Offer Phone Unlocks For $25! All phones available! PM For Unlocks! Take Payments Through Paypal!

I initially had this problem too, along with a few other weird issues. Some songs wouldn't play etc . . . . . . I "restored" my iPhone (make sure you have a current backup before doing this !!!) and it was fine after that, including all of my music files.

LizDexic

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Trouble with phone in 2010 VW Jetta

Before the update, I could plug in my phone to the charger in the car and play music from my play list and have it on "shuffle" and even skip to the next song using a button on the steering wheel or a touch screen button on the radio's screen.

No more. Now, every time it's newly connected it plays the first song in Alphabetical order (boy am I sick of that song!) I cannot skip ahead to the next song when I'm driving no matter what I do. And I can only see a screen with a list of my songs (and then select another one) when the car is stopped.

The Bluetooth features (connecting to the radio wirelessly, or speaking on the phone after pushing a button on the steering wheel) have never worked with the phone and the tech person at VW said they got it to work with everyone's phone who *did not* have an iPhone.
Now, if Bluetooth is turned on at all, it cuts off all phone calls after 10 seconds....repeatedly.
I have to turn Bluetooth OFF on the phone to use the phone as a phone.
:(

AttaQ

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
I have been having issues playing music on my new 4S, it was not syncing over correctly at all. Going to try the solution Spod posted tonight!

iVirginia

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Before the update, I could plug in my phone to the charger in the car and play music from my play list and have it on "shuffle" and even skip to the next song using a button on the steering wheel or a touch screen button on the radio's screen.

No more. Now, every time it's newly connected it plays the first song in Alphabetical order (boy am I sick of that song!) I cannot skip ahead to the next song when I'm driving no matter what I do. And I can only see a screen with a list of my songs (and then select another one) when the car is stopped.

The Bluetooth features (connecting to the radio wirelessly, or speaking on the phone after pushing a button on the steering wheel) have never worked with the phone and the tech person at VW said they got it to work with everyone's phone who *did not* have an iPhone.
Now, if Bluetooth is turned on at all, it cuts off all phone calls after 10 seconds....repeatedly.
I have to turn Bluetooth OFF on the phone to use the phone as a phone.
:(
I've noticed the same thing with mine, a few minutes it will play where it left off, but after an hour or even using other apps, the ipod will start in alphabetical order again. Although I can shuffle and skip from my radio contols. Also I can't use my blue tooth if the phone is plugged into my USB either, it wont let alerts sound through the speakers anymore either, only the phone ring. I'm going to try uninstalling my iphone from the radio settings and reinstalling it. I really don't want to reset my phone either, and using that as a last resort

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Yep I've seen this issue, where music either wouldn't play or would be playing but not showing the correct song. However I've only seen it once, and been unable to replicate it. Only thing I did was leave 'Music', and shut it off at the app switcher, I didn't reset my phone yet.

manthepost

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
after the update the artist on my ipod are all messed up they play fine thier just showing the same artist name like 5 times for some of them,

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2