Duplicate Calendar entries

derick616

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
When I slide down the notification bar, it shows doubles of some of my appointments. I went to the calendar app and tried

-having only the appointments from my mac shown
-having only the appointments from icloud shown

Both didn't do anything to get rid of the duplicates in the notification bar. As for the calendar app, it shows no duplicates there.

Help!

eric2796

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Same Problem

I just got the iPhone4s and am having the same problem with duplicate calendar entries under the notification bar but not under the calendar. Just curious to know if you have found a solution

efrost

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem which was driving me crazy.. just got off the phone with Apple to solve the problem. Its very simple.. you can only sync with one calendar at a time. So if you are syncing with the cloud, plug your phone into itunes, go to info, and uncheck the sync calendar with your PC. It will ask you if you want to delete your calendar and say yes..
this should solve the problem with the notifications.. at least it did with me..

Reactions: Zlannie

DJ Hellfire

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem which was driving me crazy.. just got off the phone with Apple to solve the problem. Its very simple.. you can only sync with one calendar at a time. So if you are syncing with the cloud, plug your phone into itunes, go to info, and uncheck the sync calendar with your PC. It will ask you if you want to delete your calendar and say yes..
this should solve the problem with the notifications.. at least it did with me..

Hmmm, under info, my PC just says "no supported calender app can be found" under the Sync Calenders With section. Any other ideas?

Tillsworth

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I just posted this in another thread, think it might help this problem:

I had this problem, and to solve it I just deleted the calender that had been synced with my PC. To do this, go into the Calendars app. Press 'Calendars' in the top left, then Edit in the top left again. Select the calendar that you'd like to delete then scroll down to the bottom and press 'delete calendar'. I had the same problem with duplicate notifications and this has solved it.

Hope that sorts it :)

Reactions: anon(631531)

07outback

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

I had this problem, and to solve it I just deleted the calender that had been synced with my PC. To do this, go into the Calendars app. Press 'Calendars' in the top left, then Edit in the top left again. Select the calendar that you'd like to delete then scroll down to the bottom and press 'delete calendar'. I had the same problem with duplicate notifications and this has solved it.

That seemed to work for me. Thank you!

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

I followed your advice, and it worked like a charm. I do have one question though. If i ever want to put back one of those calendars ( the ones that were under the heading: From my Mac ), how do i manage that? One said HOME & the other said WORK. The box that said ADD CALENDARS is also gone. I may need one in the future. Thanks.

Calixa

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
The solution is quite simple. Using iCloud. Open Calendar on the iPhone.
Go Calendars [on the bottom of the screen] Edit as appropriate but it is easier to just turn off.
Click 'All on my iPhone' to uncheck the calendars showing.
Scroll down to iCloud section.
Check All iCloud
Scroll down to OTHER
Check any that apply
==
Top Right - Done

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads