I plugged my iPod in yesterday, which already has the GM version of iOS 5 on it, and iTunes told me that I already had the most up to date version installed. Have other people had that experience?

I guess I just figured that something would have changed.

Thanks.
    10-13-2011 09:16 AM
    The GM is the current version.
    10-13-2011 09:25 AM
    The GM version IS the release version. Thats why it's called GM "Golden Master" it's the version sent to the factory / warehouse to be burned on all the phones prior to shipment. Or in the olden days, it was the version sent out to the CD/DVD manufactures to be used to press the CD/DVDs.
    10-13-2011 09:27 AM
    The GM version IS the release version. Thats why it's called GM "Golden Master" it's the version sent to the factory / warehouse to be burned on all the phones prior to shipment. Or in the olden days, it was the version sent out to the CD/DVD manufactures to be used to press the CD/DVDs.

But sometimes it can be changed even though it's the GM.
    10-13-2011 09:33 AM
    The GM will be installed on devices at the factory at the same time it's sent to developers.

What can happen is a point release can be sent in a follow up to the factory as well, and in fact multiple releases may end up there this way. The GM will still be a production release however, even if it's not the only one.
    10-13-2011 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD