iOS 5 Battery ???

bgarrick87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
So I put on iOS 5 last night with no issues. Plug my iPhone up to go to bed and when I get up this am the battery is at 90% not fully charged.

Never had an issue before with it not being fully charged. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
ive had happen a few times on the GM build as a developer account i have. ive had 3x in past week wake up in the morn to 94%. i did a fresh install and shut down and power back up and still happened. im sure apple with have another update in a few weeks to patch up a few bugs

drarif

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
i guess this is normal .the phone starts using your battery once its fully charged and will start charging once it reaches 90% or so,or it maybe a battery indicator problem. to get it fixed u must drain your phone completly until it powers off, and charge upto 100% . hope this helps :)

bgarrick87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Maybe so. It was at 98% just now and I wanted it to be at 100 and when I plugged it in it said 100 then I unplugged, it went back to 98...

Sent from my iPad

drarif

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
so i guess its the battery indicator then. you better drain the battery completly dead and recharge it again.let me know if this helps you.

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree. I was at 90% last night and woke up to 4%. Phone was locked and alarm did not go off because the phone acted as if it was shut off.??

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
So I put on iOS 5 last night with no issues. Plug my iPhone up to go to bed and when I get up this am the battery is at 90% not fully charged.

Never had an issue before with it not being fully charged. Any ideas?

Run it all the way down until the phone shuts off and then plug it in with the wall charger and charge it all the way up. This should recalibrate the internal battery meter and see if it helps.

iphone_guy

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Big problem with VZW I'm sure you know is signal levels affect battery life.

I'll bet your phone may have not had some great signal and it killed it.

eurofocus

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Run it all the way down until the phone shuts off and then plug it in with the wall charger and charge it all the way up. This should recalibrate the internal battery meter and see if it helps.

I thought this too, but was told from apple to never let it drop below red to the point where it shuts off. This is not good for the battery.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

That isn't just a verizon thing that is with any phone if you are not getting a good signal or it isn't showing you have a good signal it will drain the battery faster.

bgarrick87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

That's just it. I never drop below 4 bars. Always have excellent signal.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Battery stop charging once it hits 100%. Did you have any auto back ups or auto updates running. Keeping wifi off will help stop against any auto back ups.

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
My wife is having the problem where her iphone 4 (AT&T) is draining EXTREMELY fast. She has had to charge it 2 times today already and its at 70% again. She is using it exactly as she always has nothing has changed.

I wonder if its something in iOS5

akmolin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
My battery is no worse or any better and I tend to have like 2 or 3 bars at work and I leave wifi on all day I am not connected to wifi here at work but I am when I'm home

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal