Clearing Certain Notifications

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
First off, let me start by saying I love the new pull down notification center. However, I am wondering if there is a work around or something I am missing. I understand that when I get a text message, it'll show up in the Notification center if I have my settings set that way, then if I go into the messages app the actual notification will go away (*in NC) now when I get a notification that it's my turn on Words with Friends, if I go into the app and look, the notification doesn't go away, I have to either go into the actual game with a specific person or hit the "X" then then "Clear" button within NC.

Is there anyway I can the WWF Notification to go away without having to go into the game?

Tillsworth

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Do you have badges turned on? I ask because with my WWF, I've always found that the badge indicating that it's my turn stays until I actually take my turn. When I take my turn, the badge disappears.

I've just tested it, and when I take my turn, the notification in Notification Centre goes too. So it looks like rather than simply looking at the app and acknowledging your buddy has been, you have to actually take your turn to make the notification go away in Notification Centre, or manually delete it from your notification centre.

Does that make sense? I don't think I've explained myself very well :rolleyes:

In fact I'm not even sure that answers the question you were asking...

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Do you have badges turned on? I ask because with my WWF, I've always found that the badge indicating that it's my turn stays until I actually take my turn. When I take my turn, the badge disappears.

I've just tested it, and when I take my turn, the notification in Notification Centre goes too. So it looks like rather than simply looking at the app and acknowledging your buddy has been, you have to actually take your turn to make the notification go away in Notification Centre, or manually delete it from your notification centre.

Does that make sense? I don't think I've explained myself very well :rolleyes:

In fact I'm not even sure that answers the question you were asking...

Haha yea, you answered it! You're right, I do have to play the game in order for the notification to clear, that or X it out myself

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I know this is a super old thread but I'm having the issue (been having for a while) where ill take my turn and the notification in the NC will still be there.

Any help for that?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice