STILL can't update iOS 5 ! help!!!

Dockery

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
what does that even mean?? open a terminal window? and type that where??!! your dealing with someone who doesnt know all this computer fancy stuff.....

and YES i suppose i could wait another day or two.. but i was waiting for a month already for this to come out LOL im impatient and frustrated that my daughter did hers first try (at college in another state) and my sister in law did hers (in FL, another state, first try) and a friend (also first try in another state) so you see, ... im the one who told them how hard it was... and now im the idiot cause they had no problem. LOL

if someone can explain this terminal window thing ill gladly try that. maybe a call to apple support (it is a new imac i am doing this on) ..

thanks for your help i really appreciate it.

Ok, completely quit iTunes
Open the applications folder (it is part of the dock)
go to Utilities (end)
Open terminal

then flush the cache by typing what i gave you before.

Restart iTunes.

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I found a post this morning after hours of update failure. I take no credit for the following:
Take a look at this url
Copy from http to build below and paste in your browser

This device isn?t eligible for the requested build | LEi Mobile

THIS WAS IT!!! i went to this link... read about the tiny umbrella (which had been deleted from the computer at one point, so i downloaded it again, and then unchecked the box in advanced) and when i opened iTunes up and hit update - it started to restore the phone with no problem.... so now ill wait and see how the rest of the process goes.... it says "restoring iPhone firmware in the iTunes box"

and i spent 45 minutes on the phone with applecare... first with the iMac people... then they transferred me over to the iPhone people.. who offered a hard reset on the phone and restart the computer.
grrr...

ok, as I'm about to submit reply , the phone is restarting and will reappear in iTunes when done.... fingers crossed.

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
BTW ~ XLR before doing all that tiny umbrella stuff, i went and cleared the cache like you instructed, and it worked. first try i got a bad command or something - retried... and worked. must have typed it wrong the first time..
thank you!!

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
HELLO IoS5 !!! that took 20min (after 27 hrs!!!)
:D
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE IN HERE WHO HELPED ME AND ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS WITH PATIENCE. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner