I'm having mixed feelings. I feel like the whole mess of updating wasn't worth it. Anyone else feel the same?
    10-13-2011 12:44 AM
    No. .
    10-13-2011 12:47 AM
    Not at all!!
    10-13-2011 12:51 AM
    No, I'm happy with it.
    10-13-2011 01:00 AM
    I feel like there should be more. It might just be me. Maybe it didn't install correctly or something? It'll grow on me eventually, I'm sure.
    10-13-2011 01:04 AM
    I'm having mixed feelings. I feel like the whole mess of updating wasn't worth it. Anyone else feel the same?
    I feel like I could do without a couple of features, but overall, I'm glad I updated my software.
    10-13-2011 01:06 AM
    it does grow on you. give it a little while to notice the little things. remember, there are over 200+ new features. some of them are behind the scenes but the fluidity alone is way better than any of the 4.x.x, IMO

AND of course an Untethered jailbreak will spice things up!
    10-13-2011 01:08 AM
    I feel like I could do without a couple of features, but overall, I'm glad I updated my software.
    I'm definitely glad I updated, I just feel that with all the hype surrounding iOS 5 we'd have more features. Guess they saved the good ones for the 4S
    10-13-2011 01:10 AM
    it does grow on you. give it a little while to notice the little things. remember, there are over 200+ new features. some of them are behind the scenes but the fluidity alone is way better than any of the 4.x.x, IMO

I'm afraid to jailbreak again. I was jailbroken for a while and when I tried to in-jailbreak I bricked my phone lol.
    I do have a question though, is safari supposed to be updated or is the tabbed browsing only for the 4S?
    10-13-2011 01:21 AM

Did you update as well and lost the JB?
    10-13-2011 01:25 AM
    Tabbed browsing is only for iPad but u can grab a good browser in the app store that lets u use tabs I use atomic web browser
    10-13-2011 01:26 AM
    I'm afraid to jailbreak again. I was jailbroken for a while and when I tried to in-jailbreak I bricked my phone lol.
    I do have a question though, is safari supposed to be updated or is the tabbed browsing only for the 4S?
    I think it's only for the iPad.

ETA: Someone beat me to it.
    Last edited by vthokies; 10-13-2011 at 01:34 AM.
    10-13-2011 01:27 AM
    Ooooh I see. I missed that one. I noticed the contact pictures but not the browser. I wonder why they only did it for the iPad....
    10-13-2011 01:30 AM
    The update was a disaster for me, as several iTunes errors led to the phone trying to boot with iOS 5 and then crashing. The phone got locked into recovery mode. That took forever to fix!

All seems to be well, now, though. The only thing I'm confused about is how to use SMS instead of iMessage to converse with another iOS 5 user. Sometimes, I'd rather my data not be used for messages. I don't have an unlimited plan.
    10-13-2011 01:30 AM
    The update was a disaster for me, as several iTunes errors led to the phone trying to boot with iOS 5 and then crashing. The phone got locked into recovery mode. That took forever to fix!

All seems to be well, now, though. The only thing I'm confused about is how to use SMS instead of iMessage to converse with another iOS 5 user. Sometimes, I'd rather my data not be used for messages. I don't have an unlimited plan.
    I don't have an unlimited plan either. That's the thing that sucks about iMessages.
    10-13-2011 01:33 AM
    Now that the rush is over. I think I'll update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-13-2011 01:33 AM
    Did you update as well and lost the JB?
    actually i've been Pure since iOS 5 beta 1.. i am itching for a jailbreak though. i have a lot of cash invested into the jailbreak community and anxious to see any changes with the new OS
    10-13-2011 01:37 AM

Yeah I had to wait about 9 hours before I got everything to update. I love my phone and apple is awesome but this was a little ridiculous.
    10-13-2011 01:37 AM
    Knowing it was such an anticipated update I made sure to just grab the GM last week. I'm very happy with it. I love being able to use my own SMS and mail tones. And the notification center is a dream come true for me. Finally can watch a YouTube video without an intrusive interruption.
    10-13-2011 01:40 AM
    unnacceptable. give it another go and worse case scenario you can go back to stock iOS 5

i'm waiting for the untethered though!
    10-13-2011 01:40 AM
    unnacceptable. give it another go and worse case scenario you can go back to stock iOS 5

i'm waiting for the untethered though!
    I'll think about it lol
    10-13-2011 01:44 AM
    I'll jailbreak when it's untethered. That's for sure. I wanna hotspot this thing.
    10-13-2011 01:45 AM
    Another question. How do you do custom tones?
    10-13-2011 01:47 AM
    Another question. How do you do custom tones?
    Same as making a custom ringtone. Just make it into a .m4r and sync with iTunes.

I make tones with ringtonium in the app store. Emails it as an m4r. Once you get it on your comp, save it, double-click that sucker and it opens in iTunes and is automatically saved under your ringtones and ready to sync. Tan facil!

The reason why I like that app is because it does all that encoding stuff without me having to do it manually. It's just ready in a click.
    10-13-2011 01:52 AM
    Oh ok. I thought it was something new. I already know how to do it that way lol. I use the Ringtones! App. Thanks though
    10-13-2011 01:59 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD