So now that I've messed with it for a while...

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I feel like there should be more. It might just be me. Maybe it didn't install correctly or something? It'll grow on me eventually, I'm sure.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
it does grow on you. give it a little while to notice the little things. remember, there are over 200+ new features. some of them are behind the scenes but the fluidity alone is way better than any of the 4.x.x, IMO

AND of course an Untethered jailbreak will spice things up!

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
it does grow on you. give it a little while to notice the little things. remember, there are over 200+ new features. some of them are behind the scenes but the fluidity alone is way better than any of the 4.x.x, IMO

I'm afraid to jailbreak again. I was jailbroken for a while and when I tried to in-jailbreak I bricked my phone lol.
I do have a question though, is safari supposed to be updated or is the tabbed browsing only for the 4S?

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site

Did you update as well and lost the JB?

vthokies

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm afraid to jailbreak again. I was jailbroken for a while and when I tried to in-jailbreak I bricked my phone lol.
I do have a question though, is safari supposed to be updated or is the tabbed browsing only for the 4S?
I think it's only for the iPad.

ETA: Someone beat me to it.

Last edited:

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Ooooh I see. I missed that one. I noticed the contact pictures but not the browser. I wonder why they only did it for the iPad....

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
The update was a disaster for me, as several iTunes errors led to the phone trying to boot with iOS 5 and then crashing. The phone got locked into recovery mode. That took forever to fix!

All seems to be well, now, though. The only thing I'm confused about is how to use SMS instead of iMessage to converse with another iOS 5 user. Sometimes, I'd rather my data not be used for messages. I don't have an unlimited plan.

vthokies

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The update was a disaster for me, as several iTunes errors led to the phone trying to boot with iOS 5 and then crashing. The phone got locked into recovery mode. That took forever to fix!

All seems to be well, now, though. The only thing I'm confused about is how to use SMS instead of iMessage to converse with another iOS 5 user. Sometimes, I'd rather my data not be used for messages. I don't have an unlimited plan.
I don't have an unlimited plan either. That's the thing that sucks about iMessages.

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I had to wait about 9 hours before I got everything to update. I love my phone and apple is awesome but this was a little ridiculous.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Knowing it was such an anticipated update I made sure to just grab the GM last week. I'm very happy with it. I love being able to use my own SMS and mail tones. And the notification center is a dream come true for me. Finally can watch a YouTube video without an intrusive interruption.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

unnacceptable. give it another go and worse case scenario you can go back to stock iOS 5

i'm waiting for the untethered though!