I keep my "home" screen clear of all icons except for the four at the bottom, with all my other apps starting on the second screen....after updating to ios5, when I reboot now my icons all slide back over to the "home" screen and I have to manually move them back over where I want them one by one.

Anyone know of a way around this?
    10-12-2011 11:17 PM
    No one knows why it does this?
    10-13-2011 09:22 AM
    It happened to me too on the iPad update to iOS5. I had to rearrange everything after the restore. Annoying, YES, but if that is the only thing that "went wrong" I am not complaining.
    10-13-2011 09:35 AM
    I think now that we have iOS 5, every restore and new device you sync will now remember your app placement. My guess is that it wasn't a feature in iOS 4 which is why it didn't leave your apps the way they were. Although I've never had to restore my phone before for any other updates.
    10-13-2011 10:13 AM
    No one knows why it does this?
    Mine is still doing this. Does anyone know if there's a fix for this?
    12-11-2011 08:29 PM
    If you google it, you'll find that iOS 5 doesn't allow a blank 1st screen. I just keep settings on the first screen now. Bummer.
    12-11-2011 08:33 PM
    Yeah the only work around I've found is before you reboot, move one icon over to the home screen to hold that screen as mostly blank. After the reboot just move it back.
    Rhiannon10 likes this.
    12-11-2011 08:47 PM
    I keep my "home" screen clear of all icons except for the four at the bottom, with all my other apps starting on the second screen....after updating to ios5, when I reboot now my icons all slide back over to the "home" screen and I have to manually move them back over where I want them one by one.

Anyone know of a way around this?
    A restore is definitely your only option at this point.
    12-12-2011 05:22 PM
    A restore is definitely your only option at this point.
    uhhh, not exactly....a restore will do nothing. did you read the thread?
    12-12-2011 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD