I am having major issues trying to sort out the new features.

In order to share contacts and calendars, multiple devices have to use the same iCloud login.

In order to use Find my Friends, each device/person must use a unique iCloud login.

I set up iCloud and my contacts synched across multiple devices almost instantly.

No matter what I do, my MacBook Pro insists on synching calendars with MobileMe and won't give 'em up for iCloud.

Can anybody help me understand this mess?
    Last edited by Fausty82; 10-12-2011 at 09:07 PM.
    10-12-2011 08:27 PM
    Did you update Lion? An update came out today.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    10-12-2011 08:29 PM
    i'm not having any problems, as EvilJack said did you update Lion? have you gone to me.com/move and followed the steps?
    Fausty82 likes this.
    10-12-2011 08:33 PM
    i'm not having any problems, as EvilJack said did you update Lion? have you gone to me.com/move and followed the steps?
    Yes... upgraded to Lion 10.7.2.

I was prompted to do the move more than one time in MobileMe, but it just craps out... screen flashes and I get the FIND MY PHONE screen.
    10-12-2011 08:44 PM
    Ok, I think I got the calendar synching now. I encountered several errors and the error explanation seemed to indicate what everyone knows - the entire Apple eco-system has been slammed since about 10 am PDT.

Thanks for the help...

Now about the Find My Friends, us this mutually exclusive with iCloud? It appears that in the case of family members/devices, I can use the Find My Phone feature of iCloud... is that about it?

What happens if we have 6 devices and I share my location via Find My Friends with someone? If we're all using the same iCloud account (for sharing contacts/calendars, etc), does my friend see ALL of my devices?
    10-12-2011 09:01 PM
    Ok, I think I got the calendar synching now. I encountered several errors and the error explanation seemed to indicate what everyone knows - the entire Apple eco-system has been slammed since about 10 am PDT.

Thanks for the help...

Now about the Find My Friends, us this mutually exclusive with iCloud? It appears that in the case of family members/devices, I can use the Find My Phone feature of iCloud... is that about it?

What happens if we have 6 devices and I share my location via Find My Friends with someone? If we're all using the same iCloud account (for sharing contacts/calendars, etc), does my friend see ALL of my devices?
    I believe so. Don't use the same iCloud account. Why would you do that?
    10-12-2011 09:10 PM
    I believe so. Don't use the same iCloud account. Why would you do that?
    How else can I share our calendars and contacts? Doesn't everyone have to use the same iCloud account to see them?

Again, I may not be understanding it completely/correctly.
    10-12-2011 09:28 PM
    How else can I share our calendars and contacts? Doesn't everyone have to use the same iCloud account to see them?

Again, I may not be understanding it completely/correctly.
    You can have more than one icloud account. You can make one where you share all the information, you wish to share and then make another one for your personal information.
    10-12-2011 09:31 PM
    do you have to have lion? I still have snow lepoard, will i be able to use icloud?
    10-12-2011 09:31 PM
    You can have more than one icloud account. You can make one where you share all the information, you wish to share and then make another one for your personal information.
    So if I understand you correctly, I create an iCloud for each device. Then, in the Mail setup, add the one iCloud account that will be responsible for synching/sharing calendars and contacts?
    10-13-2011 12:43 AM
    I could have helped you through this Hank, what gives?
    10-13-2011 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD