I really can't tell who needs help anymore, but it seems like it's starting to slow down.. post your issues here and how you resolved them to help the others who haven't made it through.

EDIT: Spoke too soon.
    Last edited by diamonddialogue; 10-12-2011 at 08:05 PM.
    10-12-2011 08:00 PM
    I can't get my flash to work with notifications I have tried setting it face down tried taking of my case can't figure what I'm doing wrong any ideas thanks
    10-12-2011 08:08 PM
    You want your LED to flash on calls, texts, etc?

Have you checked to make sure your flash is working? Taken a picture? Used a flashlight app? Have you reset your device (hold sleep button and home button for ten seconds until the screen goes black)?

Try all that and let me know.
    10-12-2011 08:10 PM
    Yea I want all that I have tested the flash works great with flashlight and the camera apps its strange it can't get to work with any notifications
    10-12-2011 08:18 PM
    Has anybody else managed to get that feature to work? I never tested it, and now I don't have an iPhone to test it on myself.

Edit: How are you testing it? By calling/texting yourself?
    10-12-2011 08:20 PM
    Ya I'm testing using my wife's iPhone
    10-12-2011 08:23 PM
    You could try another restore, though with a problem this minor, I wouldn't risk it until tomorrow or the next day.
    10-12-2011 08:27 PM
    i finally got mine to work. the "restore in progress" is on my screen. about five minutes left.

EDIT: I am up and running!
    Last edited by anneemonster; 10-12-2011 at 09:26 PM.
    10-12-2011 09:14 PM
    i finally got mine to work. the "restore in progress" is on my screen. about five minutes left.

EDIT: I am up and running!
    holy crap! didn't you start the process like over 8 hours ago???
    10-12-2011 09:28 PM
    holy crap! didn't you start the process like over 8 hours ago???
    yup lol. i left for like an hour to eat, came back and BAM! first try haha
    10-12-2011 09:32 PM
    yup lol. i left for like an hour to eat, came back and BAM! first try haha
    glad you got it working. finally!
    10-12-2011 09:34 PM
    can someone tell me if this is really a server issue - or am i doing something wrong?? when i connect to iTunes and click on update, it backs up my iPhone.. then extracts software, and then i get a box that says "the iPhone "jobosumm's iPhone" cannot be restored at this time because the iPhone software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable. please try again later." I've been getting this since 1:20pm!!!! it looks like others are getting error codes, or stuck in rebooting? i don't know what to do other than just keep hitting the update button until it goes through? I'm still an iPhone newbie and a lot of the stuff in this forum i don't even understand.
    thanks for any help, or words of calm wisdom.... :/
    10-12-2011 09:36 PM
    glad you got it working. finally!
    ME too!
    10-12-2011 09:37 PM
    can someone tell me if this is really a server issue - or am i doing something wrong?? when i connect to iTunes and click on update, it backs up my iPhone.. then extracts software, and then i get a box that says "the iPhone "jobosumm's iPhone" cannot be restored at this time because the iPhone software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable. please try again later." I've been getting this since 1:20pm!!!! it looks like others are getting error codes, or stuck in rebooting? i don't know what to do other than just keep hitting the update button until it goes through? I'm still an iPhone newbie and a lot of the stuff in this forum i don't even understand.
    thanks for any help, or words of calm wisdom.... :/
    it's the servers. i was getting this one for a while also, along with errors 3194 and 3200. i've been trying ti update since 10:15 this morning and barely got it to work about half an hour ago.
    10-12-2011 09:38 PM
    thanks for your reply anneemonster! i was about to scream.. SO frustrating.. friends and family are getting it the first try and here i am going on 8hrs with no luck !!
    10-12-2011 09:40 PM
    No issues on iPhone, or with tethered jb on iPad
    10-12-2011 09:40 PM
    thanks for your reply anneemonster! i was about to scream.. SO frustrating.. friends and family are getting it the first try and here i am going on 8hrs with no luck !!
    no problem i know how you feel. trust me lol.
    10-12-2011 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD