I have push notifications set up with the official twitter app.

Despite the tweet sound being set on "tweet", it plays "tri-tone" instead. I've tried changing it to many different sounds, but it always plays "tri-tone" regardless.

Anybody else having this problem? Any ideas what could be wrong?
    10-12-2011 07:46 PM
    Reset your device.

Hold the sleep button and home button for 10 seconds until the screen turns black. Try again after that. This seems like a minor issue that a reset could fix.
    10-12-2011 07:48 PM
    I've tried that already.

Should have mentioned that, sorry. Perhaps I'll try it again.
    10-12-2011 07:50 PM
    It's all good. If I were you, I'd just fiddle with it a little more. At least you actually installed the iOS, right? If that went smooth, the rest is just a cakewalk. At least the tweet sound is your only issue right now.
    10-12-2011 07:55 PM
    Definitely. I've been messing with it for a while now, so it is getting a little frustrating haha.
    10-12-2011 08:01 PM
    Are any other features using the same tri-tone? Texts, calls, or voicemails, etc?
    10-12-2011 08:14 PM
    Yeah, voicemails.

I was thinking along the same lines, so I changed that (and had no sounds set to tri-tone), yet the new tweets still played tri-tone.
    10-12-2011 08:21 PM
    Hm. That's strange indeed. I haven't tried using anything but the tweet sound, it was just so fitting.

I'm stumped on this one. Perhaps the it's the software? If this problem doesn't resolve, I'm willing to bet it will by next update. But, if you don't want to wait that long, you could try restoring again.. but I wouldn't unless you just can't live without changing that sound. You know what I mean?

The servers might be cooled down enough to try another restore though.
    10-12-2011 08:25 PM
    Yeah, it's not really a big deal. Was hoping I just missed something easy or something.

Anyway, I appreciate the help.
    10-12-2011 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD