My iPhone has been on the apple screen with the loading bar for a good hour and a half now, and it hasn't moved.
    On iTunes, it says that it is restoring iPhone software and that's moved a little but it hasn't moved in 30 minutes. Is this normal? If I get sick of this, can I stop it somehow? Help please!
    10-12-2011 06:45 PM
    I didn't even wait that long. I stopped it and it moved on to restoring music etc. Everything seems ok on my phone.
    10-12-2011 06:50 PM
    How do I stop it? just unplug it or what?
    10-12-2011 06:54 PM
    Look everyone, if you can't get the restore to work right now, take a break, try again in an hour or two and let the servers relieve some strain. Everyone is pounding Apple's servers, so I think it will work better for everyone when they are less overloaded.

I know you're excited for iOS 5, and I assure you, you will have it soon! Take a break, have a smoke, eat dinner, just relax for a couple hours. I know it's exciting and even frustrating when stuff doesn't work, but I'm thinking 85% of errors I'm seeing from everyone is just a server overload.
    10-12-2011 06:57 PM
    Look everyone, if you can't get the restore to work right now, take a break, try again in an hour or two and let the servers relieve some strain. Everyone is pounding Apple's servers, so I think it will work better for everyone when they are less overloaded.

I know you're excited for iOS 5, and I assure you, you will have it soon! Take a break, have a smoke, eat dinner, just relax for a couple hours. I know it's exciting and even frustrating when stuff doesn't work, but I'm thinking 85% of errors I'm seeing from everyone is just a server overload.
    The thing is, I don't even get an error message or anything. It's just sitting there, doing nothing. I want a suggestion of where to go now! I'm sure it's all a matter of server overload, but I don't want to unplug my iPhone and ruin it or anything.
    10-12-2011 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD