Twitter not showing up on notifaction pull-down screen

BluffCityRat

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I can get everything I want on my pulldown screen but I still can't get twitter to show up. Under notifications I have selected for it to be on notification scree, and as a banner on my lock screen. Have selected for it to show last 1 entry. I am not seeing anything. Anyone having problems with twitter showing up?

Everyone with the 3200 error message hang in there! It's just a traffic issue

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Twitter will show up, but it may not show up every time a tweet comes in. That would be a ridiculous amount of notifications.

Just assume that if it's on, you just need to give it time to figure out how it all works. Tweets may show up if you're personally messaged, or if you're mentioned, but probably not for each tweet.

Last edited:

BluffCityRat

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Twitter will show up, but it may not show up every time a tweet comes in. That would be a ridiculous amount of notifications.

Just assume that if it's on, you just need to give it time to figure out how it all works. Tweets may show up if you're personally messaged, or if you're mentioned, but probably not for each tweet.

I got a few friends to @mention me and it still didn't show up. Also, I have it to where it should show me the last 5 tweets on the notification screen. Nothing is coming up. Hmmmm

Tillsworth

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Shot in the dark, when you go into the actual Twitter app, and go into your settings > notifications, are your notifications on? Just worth checking as I only realised this settings page was here just now.

BluffCityRat

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Shot in the dark, when you go into the actual Twitter app, and go into your settings > notifications, are your notifications on? Just worth checking as I only realised this settings page was here just now.

I actually read that and thought it would work, but I already had the notifications turned on.. hmm. I'm going to try and re-install the app..

Tillsworth

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. Mine seems to be working. Okay, double check all your settings compared to mine.

In notifications:
Twitter is under 'in notification centre'
Turned 'ON'
Badge App Icon is 'ON'
View in Lock Screen is 'ON'
(don't think these last 2 matter but just in case).

In Twitter app itself:
Settings> Notifications >
Messages is ON
Mentions & Replies is ON
From People You Follow is ticked.

That's the settings I've got.

Are you getting notifications from other apps (Facebook etc.) in your Notification Centre too?

Oh and are you on Twitter on your computer too? I sometimes find with Facebook if I am online on my laptop I don't get notifications on my phone because I receive them before on my computer.

lawls

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
it seems like it is only direct messages and replies that show up in notification center, just like it used to be with popups.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2