How to update to the official iOS5 from iOS5 beta

jjo2012

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I currently have iOS 5 (9A5313e) on my Verizon iphone 4 and was wandering how to update i to the official release. I have tried plugging it in to my macbook and tried the OTA software update, but they both say im up to date. Anyone know what to do? Thanks!

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Go to iMZDL: iOS 5 & Mac OS X 10.7 and find the iOS 5 GM that fits you (CDMA iPhone 4).

Plug your device in and open iTunes. Go to your device, right click on it and back it up. Then when the back up is finished, hold shift and click restore (Back Up BEFORE doing this).

A window will pop up asking you to choose a file, and you will choose the CDMA Phone 4 .ipsw file that you download from iModZone. It will tell you your device will be restored to iOS 5, agree, go through the process, then after the restore choose the latest backup. Back it up, and there you are - you're running the final release of iOS 5.

jjo2012

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Go to iMZDL: iOS 5 & Mac OS X 10.7 and find the iOS 5 GM that fits you (CDMA iPhone 4).

Plug your device in and open iTunes. Go to your device, right click on it and back it up. Then when the back up is finished, hold shift and click restore (Back Up BEFORE doing this).

A window will pop up asking you to choose a file, and you will choose the CDMA Phone 4 .ipsw file that you download from iModZone. It will tell you your device will be restored to iOS 5, agree, go through the process, then after the restore choose the latest backup. Back it up, and there you are - you're running the final release of iOS 5.
is the GM the final edition?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR