Update Still Won't Work :(

gmedel

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
when it finally decides it wants to update, will it be kicked out of recovery mode?

If you're getting that constant loop, you have to get it out of that loop by forcing it into DFU mode. Other than that, it'll pick up on it's own. It was a long cycle for me to get it out of the loop, enter DFU mode, try to install, FAIL, repeat. Until it worked.

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
For anyone who gets stuck at "Verifying with Apple" - it's literally because the servers are flooded. Time will heal your wounds.

Everyone is right, it's the servers. I got so upset when my phone when into recovery mode that I had to take a Xanax. I'm not tech savvy so I panicked. After 2 hours and numerous trys it finally updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

estorm09

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone else confirm this I tried to resave the file but said I had to be the administrator even though I am the only profile on my laptop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
If you're getting that constant loop, you have to get it out of that loop by forcing it into DFU mode. Other than that, it'll pick up on it's own. It was a long cycle for me to get it out of the loop, enter DFU mode, try to install, FAIL, repeat. Until it worked.

yeah i got it out of the cycle of death lol and it's in dfu now, the connect to itunes screen.

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for this information. Like I'm telling most people, Apple's servers are exhausted. They've been taking quite a hit since the 4S went on sale and now iOS 5 and iCloud at once. If the error keep up, I'd give it time before you do anything else.

It may work/have worked, but I think it's all about timing and finding that window of opportunity to get through the servers.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
so if my download stopped in the middle and now giving me an error will that cause problems in the software when it resumes download and it finally works?

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
It's all because of Apple's servers, guys. I can assure you that (probably) nothing is wrong with your computers or iOS devices. It's the biggest release of an iOS since the first iPhone, and there's no dedicated server for each user. Everyone is on the same one, hence all the errors people are receiving.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox