I called apple and they did everything they could do. They said the only I could do is wait. I keep getting the 3194 error.
    10-13-2011 04:06 PM
    I called apple and they did everything they could do. They said the only I could do is wait. I keep getting the 3194 error.
    Error 3194 does not belong to the timeout or too busy servers, it says that the call from Itunes to apple fails and this is most likely through a redirection to saurik server. Read my post on page 18, it describes how to fix. If not send me a PM,
    Cheers
    10-13-2011 04:33 PM
    I managed to get from error 3194 to error 3002 by following the tip from LooNTooNs here: http://forums.tipb.com/ios-5-forum/2...ml#post1778520
    My iPad 2 isn't jailbroke, but my hosts file still pointed gs.apple.com to cydia. So the first step is to comment out "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" and reboot. Still no joy, but at least I'm using the right server.

Robert
    10-14-2011 12:05 PM
    if ur host file is ok.. and u get 3002 error. u have two options
    1. restore
    2. move the ipsw that u download to "AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates" folder.

after option 2. if u still get an error. just eject ur device and connect again. it should work.

cheers!
    10-14-2011 12:23 PM
    much better to backup and restore.. rather than try the update button and run into countless errors!
    10-14-2011 12:24 PM
    This worked for me

After hours of failing to get it to upgrade I took a chance at restoring my iPad using the following steps

1. Make sure you have downloaded the IOS 5 update file and know where it is, usually (Vista /7):

C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPad Software Updates

2. I ran a full back-up (not a sync) of my 4.3.5 OS iPad
    3. Shift/Restore and navigated to the update file and let it restore. This will give you a factory clean IOS 5 iPad.
    4. I ran the backup file mentioned in 2 above
    5. Followed the IOS 5 setup procedure
    6. Let it resync with iTunes. This takes some time depending on the amount of apps/music/photos/books, etc you have as it needs to resync everything back to the iPad (it DOES maintain your current folder structure on the Springboard)
    7. I now have an IOS 5 iPad beautifully restored to my previous settings without having to reinstall my apps..
    Finally, success! Here's what I did:
    1) Ran the normal upgrade process (like 20 times). It failed with error 3200 (I'd originally had error 3194, but fixed that by editing my hosts file -- see my earlier post).
    2) Followed instruction in this post to track down the upgrade file: http://forums.tipb.com/ios-5-forum/2...ml#post1778289
    On my Win 7 computer it was in %userprofile%\appdata\roaming\apple computer\itunes\ipad software updates
    3) Ran a backup (not a sync, just in case) per the post quoted. Here's how: iOS: How to back up
    4) Followed step 2 in the above post (Shift/Restore) and installed the upgrade.
    5) The upgrade took about 5 minutes. Then it automatically restored my apps and files from the backup I'd run. That took about 30 minutes in my case. The iPad's screen was black during much of the restore, which was worrisome. After iTunes said the restore was done I turned on the iPad and it was fine.
    6) The iPad guided me through a setup process, including setting up iCloud options. I had to re-create my passcode (which it prompted me to do). Otherwise, everything seems to be as before.
    7) Updated my apps. I haven't tested them all yet, but no major problems so far. Some apps remembered my login credentials but not all. My Kindle book remembered which page I was on. My New Yorker app made me download the issues again and didn't remember which page I'd been on. One newspaper remembered who I am, another didn't.
    10-14-2011 01:05 PM
    Finally, success! Here's what I did:
    1) Ran the normal upgrade process (like 20 times). It failed with error 3200 (I'd originally had error 3194, but fixed that by editing my hosts file -- see my earlier post).
    2) Followed instruction in this post to track down the upgrade file: http://forums.tipb.com/ios-5-forum/2...ml#post1778289
    On my Win 7 computer it was in %userprofile%\appdata\roaming\apple computer\itunes\ipad software updates
    3) Ran a backup (not a sync, just in case) per the post quoted. Here's how: iOS: How to back up
    4) Followed step 2 in the above post (Shift/Restore) and installed the upgrade.
    5) The upgrade took about 5 minutes. Then it automatically restored my apps and files from the backup I'd run. That took about 30 minutes in my case. The iPad's screen was black during much of the restore, which was worrisome. After iTunes said the restore was done I turned on the iPad and it was fine.
    6) The iPad guided me through a setup process, including setting up iCloud options. I had to re-create my passcode (which it prompted me to do). Otherwise, everything seems to be as before.
    7) Updated my apps. I haven't tested them all yet, but no major problems so far. Some apps remembered my login credentials but not all. My Kindle book remembered which page I was on. My New Yorker app made me download the issues again and didn't remember which page I'd been on. One newspaper remembered who I am, another didn't.
    Glad it worked for you.. I too had a few very minor issues that needed fixing similar to your yours but nothing that caused me any great problems.
    10-15-2011 06:24 AM
    I have tried to re-install itunes after deleting and now i have nothing relating to itunes
    this is the error message i get in a pop up box when trying to re-install itunes
    error writing to file:
    c:\windows\winsxs\maifests\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_ 1fc8b3b9a1e18e3_b_8.0.50727.6195_x-ww_44262b86.cat.
    verify that you have access to that directory

when i look for that file under c:\windows\winsxs\manifest\ .... that file is not listed

even trying to install itunes "manually" under the download only tab and I still get the same error every time
    and i have to cancel the install
    HELP !!!!!! PLEASE

THANKS
    10-17-2011 11:29 AM
    I kepp getting errpr 3200 "my iPhone" could not be retored. Any idea guys?
    The server is overloaded from all the people updating to iOS 5. Just keep trying and it will eventually work.
    10-18-2011 09:07 AM
    For the 3194 error follow this - http://forums.tipb.com/ios-5-forum/2...p-windows.html
    The 3200 might be resolved by the first section of my post as it only has to verify the iDevice with apple.
    soulfulzeta likes this.
    10-18-2011 12:23 PM
    the details?
    10-18-2011 12:28 PM
    If you click the link it will take you to them
    10-18-2011 12:38 PM
    so my issue is the dang applemobiledeviceservice.exe is spiking out my CPU while trying to do a backup. I've let it run for up to 16 hours and there wasnt any backup created. I've tired uninstalling iTunes, removing all files i could finder under programfiles/applicationdata and still after reinstall same behaviour. I am running xpSP3 and itunes 10.5.0.142. I've googled the heck out of it and there are various threads on apples site and all of them basically say the same thing, do a good uninstall and it will fix your problems. well no dice here and im not gonna do an upgrade to 5.0 without a good/recent backup. ugh.
    10-19-2011 03:06 AM
    still not working for me either
    10-19-2011 09:20 AM
    these files are HUGE!
    10-19-2011 09:26 AM
    I was getting "ipod could not be restored unknown error 6". I was finally able to restore by:

- Disabling AVG anti-virus
    - Shutting down ZoneAlarm firewall
    - Exiting Spybot resident shield

The restore included OS 5.

Hope that helps someone.

Tissa

P.S. Don't forget to restore those services
    12-21-2011 09:46 AM
341 ... 121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD