Update Still Won't Work :(

SportBilly

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Using Win7 64 bit here. After maybe 6 hours and 30 unsuccessful attempts (restarting PC, iPod, disabling Firewall, Antivirus, changing IP address,and every other 'fix' that's been listed), I finally got this to work. It could well have been the luck of the draw but I used a cmd prompt (run as Administrator) then:

ipconfig /release

followed by

ipconfig /renew

Then ran the whole Update process again through iTunes 10.5 and it worked. Hope this helps, if not just be patient.

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Just do it manually, or restore from backup. Did you back it up before you restored to iOS 5? If so, your backup will be there and your apps should reappear.

STJIMMYxxx

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
When doing the shift+restore method, will that erase all of my ipod's content? I have almost 55 gigs of data on my ipod and I REALLY don't want to have to re-transfer all of it...

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I had finally gotten the iPhone to somehow begin the update process!!! Then just as it was finishing the update process and verifying it with Apple...BAM error message!!:mad:

estorm09

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
simple solution for 3194 error, install update on different computer that does not have the gs.apple.com line in the host file, ill find out what i lost (if anything by doing this) though at this point as long as i have my contacts ill be content, :( i already miss being jb hopefully iOS5 will make up for that

edit: make sure you back up your photos and other things as you will lose them. maybe not the best workaround but at least i finally got iOS5 to load

Last edited:

idkmybffjill

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
This immediately fixed my 3194 error. Taken from TiPb user scruiD post in another thread:

You have Error 3194?
*** Check your hosts file (C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) - edit with notepad.exe and check for gs.apple.com, if you have a valid finding set a # to the beginning of the line to make this inactive or remove it when you do not need (its a redirect for cydia, so when you want to jailbreak again and the redirected will stay the same keep it inactive, otherwise remove)

immediate fix. iOS 5 is beautiful.

KashSystems

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
simple solution for 3194 error, install update on different computer that does not have the gs.apple.com line in the host file, ill find out what i lost (if anything by doing this) though at this point as long as i have my contacts ill be content, :( i already miss being jb hopefully iOS5 will make up for that

You can remove the line from your hosts file and restart.

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
SUCESS!!:D

For some reason since my iPad 2 was successful at updating and if I turned my iPad on while attempting to update the iPhone...it'd screw something up.. oh well it only took 7 hours but I've finally gotten iOS 5 on both of my iDevices...thank goodness for OTA and delta updates..from now on!!! I think I'll put off updating my mom's iPad for a few days..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox