Update Still Won't Work :(

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
No, it's just a server overload. I'm sure Apple is getting hammered with calls right now too, all telling them the same thing: Server overload. Try again later.

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I get as far as backing up iPhone... Then "extracting software" starts and then I get a can't restore iPhone at this time because server is temporarily unavailable or busy. Try again later. I have restarted computer and phone. Been trying for 6 hrs! My sister in law is in FL and just got it on first try! :(

EvilJack

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone else confirm this I tried to resave the file but said I had to be the administrator even though I am the only profile on my laptop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has been confirmed. To those of you who can't save the file there is an easy workaround: Go to Start / All Programs / Accessories / WordPad and Right Click and choose "Run as Administrator". This will give you the right to save the changed file. And your upgrade will work. Note - I did reboot my computer before trying again just to make sure the change took.

EvilJack

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
To those of you who can't save the hosts file there is an easy workaround: Go to Start / All Programs / Accessories / WordPad and Right Click and choose "Run as Administrator". This will give you the right to save the changed file. And your upgrade will work. Note - I did reboot my computer before trying again just to make sure the change took.

joshrox05

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
im stuck in recovery mode, connect to iTunes screen. i try to update to iOS5, and i keep getting a "This device isn't eligible for the requested build"

anyone else get this?

garrcon

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Here are the steps I took to install ios5 on my iphone. reset computer, reset iphone, sync iphone and finally update to ios5. Prior to that I continually got errors.

CarrieC

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
hey ya'all,

i was trying to upgrade just like the other 1 billion people. Well now my phone will only show the black screen with white apple then it switches to the loading circle. When I try to connect to the computer nothing happens. Please help!!!!!

Cdil1#IM

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I got the error code also but I just clicked the restore tab and iOS 5 got installed. Hope that helps some. Don't know why that worked.

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I was able to update my iPad 2 but when I go to update the iPhone 4 iTunes does this "backing up iPhone" thing then after awhile it quits and gives me some error message. I've restarted the computer and still get to a certain point and...error message or an "extracting software" followed by an error message. Hell I've even attempted to restore the iPhone....still error message. :mad: I don't get it iPad updated fine WTF is up with the iPhone not updating?

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
i edited the host file and i'm still not able to restore. i'm just going to go eat dinner and watch my shows. i'll come back late tonight and see if the servers have let up at all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods