lockscreen camera button broken on iPad2 after IOS5 install

Rkornfein

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
IOS5 install unfolded fine but the lockscreen camera button has the Settings icon (not the camera icon) and does not bring up the camera. Instead it seems to switch off the display ... until an image from the camera roll slowly appears.
Anyone else with this glitch? And thoughts, if so.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
IOS5 install unfolded fine but the lockscreen camera button has the Settings icon (not the camera icon) and does not bring up the camera. Instead it seems to switch off the display ... until an image from the camera roll slowly appears.

Maybe, you can try to download iOS 5 again on a different computer or maybe just restart you're device.

Rkornfein

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Lockscreen camera button

Thanks for the suggestion (restarting).
I did try it to no avail. it is a little odd in that I also updated my phone shortly after the iPad and it seems to have been entirely successful.
I guess I'll play a little more ...

lawls

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

it sounds like you're describing the photo frame feature. you do have to double chick the home button for the camera to show up

Rkornfein

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Broken lockscreen camera button

it sounds like you're describing the photo frame feature. you do have to double chick the home button for the camera to show up

A button shows up (irrespective of double clicking the home button), it is just not a camera button and it does nothing useful. As mentioned, the icon resembles that for Settings. It is a minor annoyance but still an annoyance.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2