Lost ALL data "upgrading" to iOS 5 - thanks Apple...

reyxlp

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Followed all instructions, not a newbie, etc.

Everything was going great until it tried to restore my data into iOS 5 - it asks me for the password to my backup file which it shows as having been created just minutes ago but then it says the file doesn't exist.

Awesome.

Anyone know which folder contains the backup file, and what the file extension for it is?

Thanks...

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Followed all instructions, not a newbie, etc.

Everything was going great until it tried to restore my data into iOS 5 - it asks me for the password to my backup file which it shows as having been created just minutes ago but then it says the file doesn't exist.

Awesome.

Anyone know which folder contains the backup file, and what the file extension for it is?

Thanks...

Why don't you just contact Apple and ask them. Apple should tell you where all you're information was losted at.

wezman2k

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
yah contact apple see how much they know. you think apple care has any clue what's going on with ios 5 right now? i'd bet money a lot of of apple care reps don't know how to fix your issue.

:)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
As long as you did a backup, just restore again thru iTunes.

Nope. I had a similar experience with my daughter's iPhone... I can see the backup, but iTunes refuses to load it. Grrrr.

I upgraded 9 devices (iPhones, iPads, iPods) and hers was the only one that crapped out...

Lutrataxus

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I have this exact same problem after updating the IOS Every time I have done so. I have errors left and right. Everything goes right until I restore previous settings. This IOS 5 went smooth however (kinda) It did save all my apps, movies ect. But did not save any of my information I.E Game progress, where I was with audio books, and so on. Makes me glad I received my Ipad for free, otherwise id be pretty upset. I defiantly do not plan on purchasing any other apples products myself, with the experience I have had so far. Wish I didn't have so much money invested into apps for the dang thing tho. If It weren't for that I'd sell it

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2