Updated to iOS 5. Things seem to be working OK. I guess I expected to get the camera button on the lock screen - but my lock screen did not change. Is this only on the iPhone4S? Did this appear on anyone's iPhone 4? I can now snap a picture with the volume control button, so obviously the camera app got updated.
    10-12-2011 04:30 PM
    Updated to iOS 5. Things seem to be working OK. I guess I expected to get the camera button on the lock screen - but my lock screen did not change. Is this only on the iPhone4S? Did this appear on anyone's iPhone 4? I can now snap a picture with the volume control button, so obviously the camera app got updated.
    double click home button in the lock screen
    10-12-2011 04:32 PM
    Double tap the home button my friend.
    10-12-2011 04:32 PM
    Did you double tap the home button?
    10-12-2011 04:33 PM
    THANKS! I suppose that is documented someplace?
    10-12-2011 04:36 PM
    It was shown at the WWDC presentation this past summer. It was a live demo.
    10-12-2011 04:37 PM
    THANKS! I suppose that is documented someplace?
    I would bet ... when in doubt double click. Also if you press the volume up button it will take the picture.
    10-12-2011 04:37 PM
    I'm glad i was not the only ***** that didn't know how to do that.
    10-12-2011 05:11 PM
    That's just stupid it should just be there. Just as fast as unlocking and going to the camera app. Why not just have it on the lock screen when you wake. Guess this will be another reason to JB
    10-13-2011 02:25 PM
    That's just stupid it should just be there. Just as fast as unlocking and going to the camera app. Why not just have it on the lock screen when you wake. Guess this will be another reason to JB
    Yes. Double tapping the home button is much slower than typing in my pass code and then opening the camera app......

/end sarcasm

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 using Tapatalk
    verwon likes this.
    10-13-2011 02:31 PM
    I don't use a passcode. Don't need one. I just think it is easier to put it right there like it is after hitting the home button twice. What is the need for extra steps for creating a short cut? That's all I have to say. Yes if you need a passcode it is faster then entering it and then opening the camera app but what's the big worry? Someone gonna take a bad pic on your phone. Delete it or just kick their *** like I would for using my stuff without my permission.
    10-13-2011 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD