iOS 5 Findings, Issues, & Fixes

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
You are messing with your phone more on iOS 5 becuase it's new and exciting. Probably playing with settings more, changing things, "exploring" the OS which is causing the battery to drain quicker.

i think this is the case for A LOT of people

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
i think this is the case for A LOT of people

I agree, the only thing that seemed to go against that for me personally was having mail turned on in the Notification Center. Once I ditched that I get the exact same battery life I was getting before the upgrade to iOS 5.

lenmac08#IM

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I may have never noticed this before but while in the calendar app, if you turn the phone to the side, the week's event show up in a grid. I've never noticed this before but find it extremely helpful to see my week's events in one clean screen!!

Reactions: pktgumby

pktgumby

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I may have never noticed this before but while in the calendar app, if you turn the phone to the side, the week's event show up in a grid. I've never noticed this before but find it extremely helpful to see my week's events in one clean screen!!

Wow, that is awesome. Please tell me that's new to iOS5, and I haven't overlooked that for 2 years...

Reactions: avmsam

pktgumby

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this was mentioned earlier, but whenever I try to listen to voicemail and put the phone to my ear, Siri decides to butt in. Yes, I know I can set it so she doesn't activate on putting the phone to my ear, but that's not really the best solution.

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Had just a couple dissapointments with ios 5 on ipad 1 so far.
No multi finger gestures to switch apps or go to home screen etc.
Also, because of the new notification area, now i cant swipe the top of safari to scroll all the way up the page. I have to get used to not doing that anymore..
to scroll to the top..dont swipe. tap. still works just fine.. ur doing it wrong.

Crucial_Xtreme

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
My "+" is still there. For both 4 and 4S. Try a hard reset or you have to to restore.

I've powered off via lock button and it didn't work. I haven't restored yet. I'm just trying to get it in working order because I'm giving the 4 to my son for his birthday. Guess I'm going to have to restore.

Edit: So I did a restore to factory then restored from my backup and it's still messed up. I don't want to give him this phone without being able to add contacts. I'm going to restore again, set up as new phone and see what happens.

Last edited:

RenzokukenJ

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
My iMessage isnt working either.

Sometimes when I hard/soft reset my phone, I can send to myself. My Girlfriends 3GS can send to me but I dont recieve it. Hers works fine.

The following I have tried,

1) Turn off WiFi
2) Turn on Cellular Data
3) Turn off iMessage
4) Turn phone off
5) Turn phone on
6) Turn iMessage on
7) Test iMessages
8) Turn WiFi on.

Network Reset

New ID

Password change to suit new password standards

Changing DNS/DNE multiple times.

I have been working and searching for the last 4 days now... I cannot get this bloody thing to work!

HELP!!

Using a iPhone 4 on iOS5

And to maybe help some people who might think that I am not messaging to a compatible device, I am trying to send messages to my girlfriends 3GS who has iOS5 and can also send iMessages JUST FINE.

TrueMacConvert

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
iP4 - Got triple calendar entries after restore(s). Music displays "No Content" on phone. iTunes displays that my 5800 songs are on the iPhone. Too many songs to manually transfer in a lifetime. Any bug fixes coming for this? Have restored multiple times to no avail. Suggestions?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I've powered off via lock button and it didn't work. I haven't restored yet. I'm just trying to get it in working order because I'm giving the 4 to my son for his birthday. Guess I'm going to have to restore.

Edit: So I did a restore to factory then restored from my backup and it's still messed up. I don't want to give him this phone without being able to add contacts. I'm going to restore again, set up as new phone and see what happens.

did the restore and start new work?

lawrenc8ang

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
help! Goggle web engine & gmail prob.

Hi,

Anybody have solution to resolve my problem? After upgrading to IOS5 on my ipad2, I cant hav access to goggle mail and also googgle webengine stop working.

Is it caused by IOS5?

Regards

vinndy

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Lock screen finding

Not sure if this is posted already, and I apologize if it is, but it's hard to search the forums on iPhone. Anyway, when you get a text and the screen is locked, you can slide the message icon to unlock the screen and it automatically takes you to message app. Thats a nice. :)

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I keep my first screen blank so I can admire my wallpaper, but since iOS 5 I notice that everything shifts left, and I lose the blank, after a reboot. Anyone else?

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Anybody noticing that sounds (such as locking and unlocking) get very loud after using Siri, then go back to normal after 15 seconds or so?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR