I have a couple issues, which Im sure will be fixed with an update soon..
    1. As it's been mentioned in other threads, I believe the battery drain in my husbands iPhone 4 and my battery drain in my iPhone 4S are iOS5 related, because his phone has a noticeable difference in his battery drain after updated to iOS5 and my 4S battery life is much worse than my iPhone 4 running iOS4.
    2. I also have some sound issues on my 4S. I notice after I use Siri, if I go straight to answering a text using the keyboard, the keyboard clicks are extremely loud for the first few words typed, then it goes back to normal. I have also had a few times when I have lost all my sounds, no keyboard clicks, not alert sounds, a restart resets the sounds.

Then tonight, the sound went off again and my husband called me and the sound when back on after the phone call without a restart, weird..

Anyone else having sound issues?
    Last edited by CalifJewls; 10-20-2011 at 01:35 AM.
    10-20-2011 01:32 AM
    I installed iOS5 last night and it's just not working. Previously I was running 4.2.8 jailbroken. Attempting to change a setting for SB Settings' icon sent the phone into an infinite springboard crash. I couldn't get 4.2.8 to restore, it couldn't finish the process. So I installed iOS 5. I haven't jailbroken it just yet. But I've had several annoyanes, and today a serious dealbreaker:

1) annoyance: the bootscreen apple and progress bar stay onscreen until the machine is locked and unlocked.

2) serious annoyance: Moving apps: When creating a folder, and trying to rename it, the OS quickly times out, sometimes in the middle of typing in the new name. Sometimes, I can only get two letters in at a time. Also, moving apps across multiple screens sometimes will cause the move to time out before one gets to the destination, particularly if on the destination screen you stop and look to find the folder you're putting the app in.

Dealbreaker: The phone app won't open. I've got two voice messages new today which I can't access because the phone app crashes when attempting to launch.

It just doesn't work. Trying a restore again; grr.
    10-20-2011 06:00 PM
    You are messing with your phone more on iOS 5 becuase it's new and exciting. Probably playing with settings more, changing things, "exploring" the OS which is causing the battery to drain quicker.
    10-21-2011 11:34 AM
    I cannot add contacts at all. The "+" symbol is gone as well as the ability to choose from SIM, all on iphone, etc etc options in contacts. Other than that, all is well.
    10-21-2011 01:40 PM
    I cannot add contacts at all. The "+" symbol is gone as well as the ability to choose from SIM, all on iphone, etc etc options in contacts. Other than that, all is well.
    My "+" is still there. For both 4 and 4S. Try a hard reset or you have to to restore.
    10-21-2011 01:54 PM
    You are messing with your phone more on iOS 5 becuase it's new and exciting. Probably playing with settings more, changing things, "exploring" the OS which is causing the battery to drain quicker.
    i think this is the case for A LOT of people
    10-21-2011 01:56 PM
    i think this is the case for A LOT of people
    I agree, the only thing that seemed to go against that for me personally was having mail turned on in the Notification Center. Once I ditched that I get the exact same battery life I was getting before the upgrade to iOS 5.
    10-21-2011 02:46 PM
    I may have never noticed this before but while in the calendar app, if you turn the phone to the side, the week's event show up in a grid. I've never noticed this before but find it extremely helpful to see my week's events in one clean screen!!
    pktgumby likes this.
    10-21-2011 07:41 PM
    I may have never noticed this before but while in the calendar app, if you turn the phone to the side, the week's event show up in a grid. I've never noticed this before but find it extremely helpful to see my week's events in one clean screen!!
    Wow, that is awesome. Please tell me that's new to iOS5, and I haven't overlooked that for 2 years...
    avmsam likes this.
    10-22-2011 02:55 AM
    Not sure if this was mentioned earlier, but whenever I try to listen to voicemail and put the phone to my ear, Siri decides to butt in. Yes, I know I can set it so she doesn't activate on putting the phone to my ear, but that's not really the best solution.
    10-22-2011 02:59 AM
    Had just a couple dissapointments with ios 5 on ipad 1 so far.
    No multi finger gestures to switch apps or go to home screen etc.
    Also, because of the new notification area, now i cant swipe the top of safari to scroll all the way up the page. I have to get used to not doing that anymore..
    to scroll to the top..dont swipe. tap. still works just fine.. ur doing it wrong.
    10-22-2011 03:52 AM
    My "+" is still there. For both 4 and 4S. Try a hard reset or you have to to restore.
    I've powered off via lock button and it didn't work. I haven't restored yet. I'm just trying to get it in working order because I'm giving the 4 to my son for his birthday. Guess I'm going to have to restore.

Edit: So I did a restore to factory then restored from my backup and it's still messed up. I don't want to give him this phone without being able to add contacts. I'm going to restore again, set up as new phone and see what happens.
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 10-22-2011 at 07:57 PM.
    10-22-2011 06:22 PM
    edit...................
    10-23-2011 05:27 PM
    Am I missing something or is siri not available on 3Gs?
    10-24-2011 02:12 PM
    Am I missing something or is siri not available on 3Gs?
    It is only available on the iPhone 4s.
    10-24-2011 05:07 PM
    My iMessage isnt working either.

Sometimes when I hard/soft reset my phone, I can send to myself. My Girlfriends 3GS can send to me but I dont recieve it. Hers works fine.

The following I have tried,

1) Turn off WiFi
    2) Turn on Cellular Data
    3) Turn off iMessage
    4) Turn phone off
    5) Turn phone on
    6) Turn iMessage on
    7) Test iMessages
    8) Turn WiFi on.

Network Reset

New ID

Password change to suit new password standards

Changing DNS/DNE multiple times.

I have been working and searching for the last 4 days now... I cannot get this bloody thing to work!

HELP!!

Using a iPhone 4 on iOS5

And to maybe help some people who might think that I am not messaging to a compatible device, I am trying to send messages to my girlfriends 3GS who has iOS5 and can also send iMessages JUST FINE.
    10-24-2011 10:58 PM
    iP4 - Got triple calendar entries after restore(s). Music displays "No Content" on phone. iTunes displays that my 5800 songs are on the iPhone. Too many songs to manually transfer in a lifetime. Any bug fixes coming for this? Have restored multiple times to no avail. Suggestions?
    10-25-2011 02:26 PM
    Wow, that is awesome. Please tell me that's new to iOS5, and I haven't overlooked that for 2 years...
    That's new to ios5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-26-2011 09:52 PM
    I've powered off via lock button and it didn't work. I haven't restored yet. I'm just trying to get it in working order because I'm giving the 4 to my son for his birthday. Guess I'm going to have to restore.

Edit: So I did a restore to factory then restored from my backup and it's still messed up. I don't want to give him this phone without being able to add contacts. I'm going to restore again, set up as new phone and see what happens.
    did the restore and start new work?
    10-27-2011 11:46 AM
    Hi,

Anybody have solution to resolve my problem? After upgrading to IOS5 on my ipad2, I cant hav access to goggle mail and also googgle webengine stop working.

Is it caused by IOS5?

Regards
    10-27-2011 11:09 PM
    Not sure if this is posted already, and I apologize if it is, but it's hard to search the forums on iPhone. Anyway, when you get a text and the screen is locked, you can slide the message icon to unlock the screen and it automatically takes you to message app. Thats a nice.
    11-01-2011 08:28 PM
    I keep my first screen blank so I can admire my wallpaper, but since iOS 5 I notice that everything shifts left, and I lose the blank, after a reboot. Anyone else?
    11-05-2011 08:30 AM
    I keep my first screen blank so I can admire my wallpaper, but since iOS 5 I notice that everything shifts left, and I lose the blank, after a reboot. Anyone else?
    Yep, so far, no one has gotten the "first screen blank" to work anymore. I really miss that from ios 4.
    11-05-2011 10:25 AM
    Yep, so far, no one has gotten the "first screen blank" to work anymore. I really miss that from ios 4.
    Are you being serious? One never knows anymore...
    11-05-2011 10:34 AM
    Anybody noticing that sounds (such as locking and unlocking) get very loud after using Siri, then go back to normal after 15 seconds or so?
    11-06-2011 10:49 PM
210 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD