10-14-2011 09:22 AM
    Thanks!
    10-14-2011 09:34 AM
    seems like certain people are having issues where others arent. I am having no issues at least that I have noticed yet. I upgraded to iOS 5 at like 2:15am on October 13 so wondering if maybe something got jacked up whenever ya'll upgraded
    You know I think that right there is the problem.. Because I see that not everyone is having an issue.. I downloaded the iOS 5 during the peek hours when it was like a 4 hour wait and maybe during the download something weird happened to my iOS download.
    10-14-2011 09:41 AM
    Why when i go into notifications and edit the order they are in, after I close out and go back in they are in a different order?

I have it set to manually under sort, or do i not understand how it works? I would like to put my stock ticker to the top, then weather below and so on...

Also, if you were to sort apps: "by time" is this saying that it will sort the notifications in the notifications screen based on a first come basis? so if i get an email at 1:00 and a reminder at 2:00, the email will be above in the notifications area?
    I have the same problem. Very annoying.
    10-14-2011 09:58 AM
    The issue that I found is that me text tone will repeat if I don't look at it right away but in the notification settings I have it set to never repeat. Anyone else have this happen?
    10-14-2011 11:34 AM
    Ok I decided to do a restore of my iPad 2 because the lack of keyboard clicks would come in handy sometimes, other times I kinda want it. So before I did a restore iTunes asked if I wanted to backup the iPad first. Done the backup, restored iPad with iTunes..began the setup process and now I had keyboard clicks sounds. Then got to the part where I was asked if I wanted to set up the iPad from the iCloud backup or set up as new. I choose to set up via the iCloud backup and suddenly no more keyboard clicks! WTF? Then iTunes shows me this error message:

Attachment 10683

Should I have restored as a new iPad or was there something that went wrong somewhere?
    10-14-2011 11:42 AM
    Does iTunes need to be "running" or will it sync even if my computer is in sleep mode with iTunes not open on computer?
    Itunes needs to be running, the computer needs to be up and running as well.
    shinbone likes this.
    10-14-2011 12:06 PM
    Does anyone have a slight delay when swiping between apps? When swiping to Safari from say AppStore, my first touch won't register. I have to touch Safari screen a second time before it will register.

Otherwise, iOS 5 installed without problem.

Thanks
    10-14-2011 01:09 PM
    I really like the new features except the battery life seems to be way less than before. Wish they could fix it a bit.
    10-14-2011 01:20 PM
    My LED flash alert is only working whenever it feels like it. I know that it is supposed to work when the phone is face down or in a dark room. However, about 60% of the time, it doesn't work even then.

iPhone 4, GSM. Upgraded to iOS 5 at about 3:00 P.M. on the 12th.
    10-14-2011 01:46 PM
    I cant get it to sync my ringtones!!! What am I doing wrong!? Help PLEEEASE!
    Remove all of your ringtones in itunes (uncheck them) Sync. Then recheck them and Sync again. That fixed mine.
    10-14-2011 03:03 PM
    Same here. When I look at the iPhone in iTunes, it shows the whole list in the phone. The phone itself only shows three. So if I go to the ringtones tab and tell it to sync ringtones it says something to the effect of "Are you sure you want to sync ringtones? You will lose all music movies and _________[something else] on this device. So I haven't done it.
    Remove your Ringtones in itunes (uncheck them) and Sync. Recheck the ones you want and Sync again. that fixed mine.
    10-14-2011 03:06 PM
    my push notifications for facebook & Twitter apps are not workign after the update of iOS 5 can anyone please help I did everything re-installed them restored the iPhone as New but no luck !!!
    10-14-2011 05:52 PM
    What happened to the % number of battery life that I have remaining?
    10-14-2011 07:32 PM
    Noticed a bug with the LED flash notification. If the device is turned off it will break the LED Flash notification and you have to turn the setting off and back on again to get it to work again.
    ChemEngr likes this.
    10-14-2011 08:53 PM
    What happened to the % number of battery life that I have remaining?
    Settings>General>Usage:Battery Percentage toggle
    10-14-2011 09:55 PM
    Does anyone know why my iMessages are not working on my iPhone? It works great on my iPad, but for some reason all I can do in the messages app is send text messages. My wife and I both got a 4s today so I know it should work. I even turned texting off in settings and I have them blocked via AT&T. Also, when I try to create a new message, it only shows my contacts' mobile numbers. Everything else on the phone works great and I am loving the notifications. Any help is greatly appreciated. I cut off texting since $30/month for texting in today's smartphone filled world is ludacris. So I am planning on relying on iMessage pretty heavily.
    10-15-2011 02:52 AM
    Does anyone know why my iMessages are not working on my iPhone? It works great on my iPad, but for some reason all I can do in the messages app is send text messages. My wife and I both got a 4s today so I know it should work. I even turned texting off in settings and I have them blocked via AT&T. Also, when I try to create a new message, it only shows my contacts' mobile numbers. Everything else on the phone works great and I am loving the notifications. Any help is greatly appreciated. I cut off texting since $30/month for texting in today's smartphone filled world is ludacris. So I am planning on relying on iMessage pretty heavily.
    R u trying to message a non iOS device? iMessage only works between 2 iOS devices. Otherwise if u try to message a friend who has a droid it will default to a text message.
    10-15-2011 03:18 AM
    R u trying to message a non iOS device? iMessage only works between 2 iOS devices. Otherwise if u try to message a friend who has a droid it will default to a text message.
    No, like I said, my wife and I both got new iPhones today and we both have the same problem. Also, my cousin has an iPad which we iMessaged on with my iPad earlier today, but since I can't see email addresses on my iPhone messages app, I don't have the option to imessage him to his iPad from my iPhone. Since me and my wife are both experiencing the same problem, I think it must be something we are doing wrong, but I have no idea what it could be.
    10-15-2011 03:35 AM
    No, like I said, my wife and I both got new iPhones today and we both have the same problem. Also, my cousin has an iPad which we iMessaged on with my iPad earlier today, but since I can't see email addresses on my iPhone messages app, I don't have the option to imessage him to his iPad from my iPhone. Since me and my wife are both experiencing the same problem, I think it must be something we are doing wrong, but I have no idea what it could be.
    What makes you think it's not working? Until you send the first message, your iPhone doesn't know that the recipient is iMessage capable.
    10-15-2011 07:51 AM
    I find too that sometimes within the message app I only see partial contacts. When I don't see the address I want, I go to the contacts app, open the contact I want, then select "send message" from the bottom of that contact, then select the phone number or email address to which I want to send the message.

Key here is start the message from the contacts app rather than the message app.
    10-15-2011 07:55 AM
    I noticed that my IOS5 ipad2 and 3gs were being queued by itunes every few minutes even though they were not on the charger. If I had not had Itunes set to open when connected I may have not even noticed. But my devices were loosig battery life like crazy and I have been sick and not really using them. After I disabled Wifi sync my battery life stopped hemoraging, but I still dont think I am at pre IOS4 battery life.
    10-15-2011 08:30 AM
    What makes you think it's not working? Until you send the first message, your iPhone doesn't know that the recipient is iMessage capable.
    I don't know why not. My iPad knows because of the persons email address. If they don't have iMessage enabled, their name turns red before you can send it.
    10-15-2011 10:26 AM
    I find too that sometimes within the message app I only see partial contacts. When I don't see the address I want, I go to the contacts app, open the contact I want, then select "send message" from the bottom of that contact, then select the phone number or email address to which I want to send the message.

Key here is start the message from the contacts app rather than the message app.
    Ok, that worked, but in the weirdest way possible. From the entry for my wife in the contacts app I chose send message and then chose her email to send it to, but the messages app listed her email without the @ sign. Somehow it still worked that way, but there's no way that is how iMessages are supposed to work. I don't get why my iPad messages app works perfectly (shows all email addresses and numbers for comtacts) and the iPhone messages app only shows numbers but no emails. That can't be right.
    10-15-2011 10:32 AM
    I think an issue is that SIRI isn't on iPhone 4 or iPad
    Very good!!!
    10-15-2011 12:26 PM
210 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD