Why do I keep getting an error message after download. Very frustrating!
    Check out this thread: http://forums.tipb.com/ios-5-forum/2...tall-ios5.html
    10-12-2011 07:18 PM
    wifi sync works on the ipad but not on the iphone both are on the same network
    10-12-2011 07:23 PM
    I went from approx. 11.5 gb's available (settings-general-about-available) to 3.5 gb's after update. Update took about 8gb's of space on my iPhone !!

Anyone else have this issue?

edit: When connected to iTunes, 8.5 gb's is taken up as "other" (in yellow)
    10-12-2011 07:25 PM
    From the lock screen, when I double click the Home button and click the new camera icon it opens the camera just fine. When I try and click on the photos a screen appears saying, "Your iPhone is locked."

BUT, while on this screen, if you click the home button it takes you to the home screen. Thankfully, this doesn't happen if you have a passcode turned on.

It's pointless to "block" photos (or show this "Your iPhone is locked" screen... especially when hitting the home button and clicking "photos" will show them.

Anyone else try it?
    10-12-2011 07:27 PM
    I went from approx. 11.5 gb's available (settings-general-about-available) to 3.5 gb's after update. Update took about 8gb's of space on my iPhone !!

Anyone else have this issue?

edit: When connected to iTunes, 8.5 gb's is taken up as "other" (in yellow)
    yes i had the same issue, but after hitting the sync button a few times it went back to what it was before minus the large yellow block
    10-12-2011 07:38 PM
    yes i had the same issue, but after hitting the sync button a few times it went back to what it was before minus the large yellow block
    sync button on iPhone (iCloud sync) or on iTunes?
    10-12-2011 07:39 PM
    From the lock screen, when I double click the Home button and click the new camera icon it opens the camera just fine. When I try and click on the photos a screen appears saying, "Your iPhone is locked."

BUT, while on this screen, if you click the home button it takes you to the home screen. Thankfully, this doesn't happen if you have a passcode turned on.

It's pointless to "block" photos (or show this "Your iPhone is locked" screen... especially when hitting the home button and clicking "photos" will show them.

Anyone else try it?
    if you take pictures it will let you review the pictures taken but it wont let you review or see pics in your roll until you unlock
    10-12-2011 07:41 PM
    sync button on iPhone (iCloud sync) or on iTunes?
    sorry in itunes
    shinbone likes this.
    10-12-2011 07:41 PM
    sorry in itunes
    Thanks . . . I'll give it a try
    10-12-2011 07:42 PM
    Prior to update, I had my iPhone4 synced with my Google account (contacts & calendar). After iOS5 update / iCloud sync enabled, I see that I have duplicate entries for my contacts and contact info (birthdays etc) on my calendar. Also, contacts and calendar entries are duplicated on my Mac (iCal and address book).

Any suggestions on how to fix this??

edit: I guess one way would be to disable iCloud sync and just use Google for contacts and calendars . . .
    Last edited by curtisinoc; 10-12-2011 at 07:57 PM.
    10-12-2011 07:53 PM
    Update went well. Got the error message twice but just make sure your pc/mac is up to date then try again. I had to update my MAC first then it worked fine...But question...

Under Settings and accessibility, there is something about flash LED for alerts, can explain what this feature is about please?
    pipemilo likes this.
    10-12-2011 07:58 PM
    While attempting to update my husbands iPhone 4 I had issues with the backup portion, resolved those by a computer restart...

Then all was going well until the dreaded error message....

"iPhone cannot be restored at this time because iPhone software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later"..... UGHHHHHHH
    10-12-2011 08:02 PM
    I noticed the send button in sms is now green instead of the blue
    pipemilo likes this.
    10-12-2011 08:02 PM
    I noticed the send button in sms is now green instead of the blue
    Yeah I like this. It changes to blue when you're using iMessage, as do the speech bubbles that the messages appear in.
    pipemilo likes this.
    10-12-2011 08:11 PM
    Another thing I've noticed, is now in iTunes under 'Artists' it now displays the album artist rather than the actual song artists.

For example, I have the 500 Days of Summer soundtrack on my phone and whereas before it would list all the songs under their individual artists, now it lists them all under '500 Days of Summer' as an artist.
    10-12-2011 08:24 PM
    Yeah I like this. It changes to blue when you're using iMessage, as do the speech bubbles that the messages appear in.
    I can imessage from my ipad 1 now to another iphone or ipad.. sweet!
    pipemilo likes this.
    10-12-2011 08:41 PM
    You can now add folders in the native mail app! Go into mail>mailboxes>accounts then open the specific account you want to add the folder/label to and hit edit in the top right corner while inside the account.

Edit: well u can do it in a yahoo account, but unfortunately when I try to add to gmail (set up as an exchange account) it says "Unable to create mailbox the mailbox couldn't be created on the server" I wonder if I was to change to IMAP if that would make a difference? Does anyone know?
    Last edited by jtanko78; 10-12-2011 at 09:09 PM.
    10-12-2011 09:02 PM
    Text messages are showing up on lock screen and in notification screen (pull down from top of screen) but no email showing up
    10-12-2011 09:14 PM
    You can swipe down from top of screen inside other apps while in landscape mode too!
    10-12-2011 09:15 PM
    Text messages are showing up on lock screen and in notification screen (pull down from top of screen) but no email showing up
    Email is disabled by default. You have to enable it in the notification settings.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 using Tapatalk
    jtanko78 likes this.
    10-12-2011 09:16 PM
    On iPad 1, the 5 finger pinch and swipe up gestures are not working, do nothing for me.

Any ideas? Would really like to swipe up to get my task bar.
    10-12-2011 09:20 PM
    Why when i go into notifications and edit the order they are in, after I close out and go back in they are in a different order?

I have it set to manually under sort, or do i not understand how it works? I would like to put my stock ticker to the top, then weather below and so on...

Also, if you were to sort apps: "by time" is this saying that it will sort the notifications in the notifications screen based on a first come basis? so if i get an email at 1:00 and a reminder at 2:00, the email will be above in the notifications area?
    10-12-2011 09:39 PM
    IPhone 4 I've tried syncing wired and wireless NUMEROUS times but I can't get any of my music or movies on. I'm not using iCloud. Any ideas?!?
    10-12-2011 10:04 PM
    Is it just me, or is anyone else prompted to enter a password when they check their voicemail?
    10-12-2011 10:47 PM
    Finally updated my 1st gen iPad to iOS 5 and so far everything is running smoothly except for my podcasts. I usually play them back at 2x but I have the option to change to whichever speed I desire. Since updating, playback is set to 1/2x and I can't seem to find an option to change this. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    10-12-2011 10:50 PM
210 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD