Can anyone tell me how to restore the applications back to iphone4 after upgrading to ios5??

Thank you
    Last edited by Stunningrl; 10-12-2011 at 04:53 PM.
    pipemilo likes this.
    10-12-2011 04:39 PM
    Please keep all error posts to this thread http://forums.tipb.com/ios-5-forum/2...tall-ios5.html. This thread is for OS feedback.
    pipemilo likes this.
    10-12-2011 04:44 PM
    Hey guys. I updated to iOS 5 pretty well. My lock screen though doesn't show the widgets and what not like it showed in the video over at Apple. Someone help me out with this?
    10-12-2011 05:00 PM
    Can anyone tell me how to restore the applications back to iphone4 after upgrading to ios5??

Thank you
    Hey guys. I updated to iOS 5 pretty well. My lock screen though doesn't show the widgets and what not like it showed in the video over at Apple. Someone help me out with this?
    You just need to double click the home button before you unlock the screen
    pipemilo likes this.
    10-12-2011 05:03 PM
    You just need to double click the home button before you unlock the screen
    Double clicking only shows the camera icon. Not the widgets.
    pipemilo likes this.
    10-12-2011 05:06 PM
    Double clicking only shows the camera icon. Not the widgets.
    I am sorry that i dont know but can you tell me how to get applications back since i have lost all of it
    10-12-2011 05:13 PM
    I am sorry that i dont know but can you tell me how to get applications back since i have lost all of it
    Hopefully you backed yup your phone on iTunes. If so just go to the apps tab and make sure you click on the box next to SYNC then just choose the ones you want to sync back and boom.
    10-12-2011 05:14 PM
    Hopefully you backed yup your phone on iTunes. If so just go to the apps tab and make sure you click on the box next to SYNC then just choose the ones you want to sync back and boom.
    Umm i dont know just my applications are missing rest all photos and songs are still there ThankGod :P
    10-12-2011 05:17 PM
    Umm i dont know just my applications are missing rest all photos and songs are still there ThankGod :P
    Yeah all my apps disappeared too. I just went into iTunes and went to the Apps tab and they were all there. Synced them back and now I got them all.
    10-12-2011 05:18 PM
    Yeah all my apps disappeared too. I just went into iTunes and went to the Apps tab and they were all there. Synced them back and now I got them all.
    Oh ok in my itunes nothing is there in the apps tab so i guess i need to install all manually
    And whats with this imessage app dosent it works like BBM??
    10-12-2011 05:21 PM
    Oh ok in my itunes nothing is there in the apps tab so i guess i need to install all manually
    And whats with this imessage app dosent it works like BBM??
    Yeah looks like you are going to have to do it manually. Be sure you sync your phone to iTunes so you don't have to do it in the future again. lol.

I noticed that you can see when your person you are texting when they are replying as it shows the .... when they are replying to a message.
    10-12-2011 05:23 PM
    Yeah looks like you are going to have to do it manually. Be sure you sync your phone to iTunes so you don't have to do it in the future again. lol.

I noticed that you can see when your person you are texting when they are replying as it shows the .... when they are replying to a message.
    Yep i always keep it sync but i guess not the apps anyways like BBM needed a pin right is that not required for ios 5??
    10-12-2011 05:27 PM
    Yep i always keep it sync but i guess not the apps anyways like BBM needed a pin right is that not required for ios 5??
    I did not see anything asking me for a pin. So I am not sure, sorry.
    10-12-2011 05:30 PM
    I did not see anything asking me for a pin. So I am not sure, sorry.
    Alright not a problem thank you still
    10-12-2011 05:32 PM
    All updated, everything looks good. The only thing that I find a little peculiar (which may be me doing something wrong) is the calender app. When going to create a new event, the clock wheel starts at 23.00 rather than at 09.00 like it used to. I also had a few issues with the time zones of my events. I am over in the UK and my events on my phone from before the update were showing at different times (I think they were in the California time zone).

My time zone is set to GMT so I'm not sure why this would be. Anyway, I manually changed all the times and all looks okay now, but I'm still a bit confused as to why the automatic time setting for the clock in calender is 11pm rather than the morning. Not that big a deal really, but I just wondered if I had done something wrong with regards to the time settings.
    jhigs likes this.
    10-12-2011 05:33 PM
    Alright not a problem thank you still
    No problem.
    10-12-2011 05:54 PM
    iOS 5 does NOT need a pin.

I can't believe some of the problems that are going on here for a public release. I can't figure out if it's just user error or software errors.
    10-12-2011 05:57 PM
    Strange issue. After trying to get it to update for almost 2-hours, it only restored partially. However it is currently restoring my music and videos. But, there are no name under my contacts. They are in iCloud, but not on my phone??? Any idea how to get these back???

Using an iPhone 3Gs
    10-12-2011 06:39 PM
    lots of help for my aunt thanks.
    10-12-2011 06:45 PM
    I was surprised at how long it took to "restore" the phone after iOS 5 was installed. It was as if everything (apps, videos, music) were being synced back, but over Wifi (which is enable by default, so maybe that's why the restore takes so long??).

Been playing with it for a few hours on my 3Gs. Got the camera app to lock up. I took a photo, then pressed the little snapshot icon of your last photo in the lower left corner and started browsing old photos. I pressed the blue camera icon in the bottom left to return to the camera to take another picture and the screen just went black. I can hit home and go back to the home screen or switch to another app but when I go back to the camera app, the screen is still black. I've double-tapped the screen and swiped just to make sure I'm not looking at a picture of nothing, but to no avail. Pressing volume up takes a picture (which does appear in the Photos app), but I still get no viewfinder/live preview in the Camera app.

Also, has anyone else noticed that you can't move the Newsstand app into a folder? Or is that just on a 3Gs. I tried to move it to my "Reading" folder where I keep Kindle and iBooks, but Newsstand wasn't having any of that!
    10-12-2011 06:52 PM

Also, has anyone else noticed that you can't move the Newsstand app into a folder? Or is that just on a 3Gs. I tried to move it to my "Reading" folder where I keep Kindle and iBooks, but Newsstand wasn't having any of that!
    Yeah this was driving me crazy! I'm not using Newsstand and don't plan on doing so in the near future so was gonna put it in a folder where I keep all the native apps I don't use like Stocks, but it wouldn't let me! So it's just hanging out on my 2nd homescreen for the moment
    10-12-2011 06:57 PM
    I can't move the Newsstand app into a folder also..I been having to hit sync a few time to make sure all my music got reinstalled
    10-12-2011 06:58 PM
    Why do I keep getting an error message after download. Very frustrating!
    10-12-2011 07:01 PM
    Been playing with it for a few hours on my 3Gs. Got the camera app to lock up. I took a photo, then pressed the little snapshot icon of your last photo in the lower left corner and started browsing old photos. I pressed the blue camera icon in the bottom left to return to the camera to take another picture and the screen just went black. I can hit home and go back to the home screen or switch to another app but when I go back to the camera app, the screen is still black. I've double-tapped the screen and swiped just to make sure I'm not looking at a picture of nothing, but to no avail. Pressing volume up takes a picture (which does appear in the Photos app), but I still get no viewfinder/live preview in the Camera app.
    Got the camera working again. I just did a soft reset (power cycle) and it seems to be working. I'm not sure if I did a reset after the initial installation. That seems to fix most of my iOS woes usually.

How have most of you installed iOS 5? As a backup or setup as a new phone? I've heard setting up as a new phone makes it run better since you don't bring old app setting or iOS garbage but that sounds like hokum to me. I'd rather not set up all my contacts again or lose old messages.
    10-12-2011 07:10 PM
    Why do I keep getting an error message after download. Very frustrating!
    Don't give up! Took me 3 or 4 times before it finally worked. Very busy servers are the cause I expect.
    10-12-2011 07:11 PM
210 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD