When an iOS 4 GM device was connected to iTunes after the official release it updated to the official (non GM) version. Today - when connecting my iPhone on iOS 5 GM to iTunes, it is saying I have the latest iOS version. That's fine I guess. Just different than in the past. Is everyone getting the same result?
    10-12-2011 01:15 PM
    yeah i am getting the same message, but i want to get the official one. what do i do??
    10-12-2011 01:20 PM
    Probably can't do anything. We probably have what was just released.

I'm interested to know what version shows up on new installs today. My GM loaded iPhone says 5.0 (9A334). Is that what todays install is getting? If so we must already have what was released today.
    10-12-2011 01:21 PM
    yeah i am getting the same message, but i want to get the official one. what do i do??
    the GM is the same thing everyone is trying to download right now. You have the official one already. Don't sweat it.
    drarif and BreakingKayfabe like this.
    10-12-2011 01:22 PM
    yeah mine too. hope we are not screwed up
    10-12-2011 01:23 PM
    I am having this issue except I am running beta 7 (9A5313e). Neither iTunes 10.5 nor the Software Update are calling for an update to the official. Does anyone know how to fix this??
    10-12-2011 01:26 PM
    the GM is the same thing everyone is trying to download right now. You have the official one already. Don't sweat it.
    OK cool. It didnt happen that way last year it seams. So a little paranoia ensued.
    10-12-2011 01:27 PM
    so will i be able to restore it from the itunes now, without doing the shift+restore thing??
    10-12-2011 01:27 PM
    I am having this issue except I am running beta 7 (9A5313e). Neither iTunes 10.5 nor the Software Update are calling for an update to the official. Does anyone know how to fix this??
    downgrade to a previous version then update. This can only be done if you were jailbroken previously and saved the shsh blobs.
    10-12-2011 01:30 PM
    OK cool. It didnt happen that way last year it seams. So a little paranoia ensued.
    i am going to assume the Version # did not change. also, none of this will matter once the first delta update comes out

so will i be able to restore it from the itunes now, without doing the shift+restore thing??
    you will be able to restore like usual.. starting NOW!
    drarif likes this.
    10-12-2011 01:30 PM
    You can do the DFU-restore without the shift-restore yes... if I do it at all, I'm waiting until next week when some of the pressure is off the servers & Apple's bandwidth.
    10-12-2011 01:44 PM
    When an iOS 4 GM device was connected to iTunes after the official release it updated to the official (non GM) version. Today - when connecting my iPhone on iOS 5 GM to iTunes, it is saying I have the latest iOS version. That's fine I guess. Just different than in the past. Is everyone getting the same result?
    Hm. In my experience, the GM was the same as the release versioneven in iOS 4. But yeah, like others have said, it should be the same thing anyway.
    10-12-2011 01:51 PM
    This iphone 4 (already sold) will be shipped tomorrow so i'll restore as new after i get the 4S..
    10-12-2011 01:51 PM
    Folks there are no issues with ios5 GM. The term just means its the final release public version and its of course made before the public gets it. Theres no issue with a restore, backup or anything. Everybody has the same version of ios5 if it was downloaded after October the 4th on up to todays date. No need to restore from ios5 GM to what itunes has now because it is the exact same thing. Thast why Itunes says you are up to date.
    10-12-2011 01:55 PM
    The file name (direct download) available on CydiaHelp is identical to the one for GM. So I guess its the same ipsw file. But I had battery issues with GM. So will use this latest file to see if there is any betterment.
    10-12-2011 02:06 PM
    i have ios 5 gm on my iphone,and when i try to restore it from itunes it gives me error 3200.what could be wrong?
    10-12-2011 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD